Scumbag GM

Gagliano7

GM has to be demanded to make ventilators for our country. The government bailed them out back in 2008 and this how they treat our country. I am disappointed to own a GM product. I will never buy a GM product again. Sad state.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Course, JUST LAST NIGHT, the dolt-in-command was saying that he didn't think NY needs 30-40k respirators.  Nevermind that he can easily get the data (well, he could get someone to slowly explain it to him) so he would know if they were needed or not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gagliano7 said:

GM has to be demanded to make ventilators for our country. The government bailed them out back in 2008 and this how they treat our country. I am disappointed to own a GM product. I will never buy a GM product again. Sad state.

Any source for your statement?

so long

j-ten-ner

They are producing commercials right now to proclaim their dedication to The USA!    I'm sure they will try to dance their way out of this like they have with the 2014-2018 platform!!

Course, JUST LAST NIGHT, the dolt-in-command was saying that he didn't think NY needs 30-40k respirators.  Nevermind that he can easily get the data (well, he could get someone to slowly explain it to him) so he would know if they were needed or not.
Being in a family of nurses and doctors they actually dont and it's just the NY governor grand standing. Very few infected and sick in the hospital will use a respirator at that point. They are used by the staff so not sure why they need 30-40k right this second. Now ventalators is a different thing and yes the extremely sick will need it but not all. The hospital here only has a few on vents the others not.

I am wondering how GM, Ford, Toyota are going to get there retooling done to make something they dont really do and have a low failure rate, especially doing it in a fast manner.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

So I guess you are going to be limited on your truck purchase. I mean Ford was told and demanded also. Toyota hasn't made anything yet either. So they are all scumbags under your standards.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bash74 said:

Being in a family of nurses and doctors they actually dont and it's just the NY governor grand standing. Very few infected and sick in the hospital will use a respirator at that point. They are used by the staff so not sure why they need 30-40k right this second. Now ventalators is a different thing and yes the extremely sick will need it but not all. The hospital here only has a few on vents the others not.

I am wondering how GM, Ford, Toyota are going to get there retooling done to make something they dont really do and have a low failure rate, especially doing it in a fast manner.

Fine, I typed in respirator when I meant to type in ventilator.

And of course, there aren't 30000 people that need to be on those ventilators today, because if there were, guess what, a pretty large group of them would die simply because of that.

As both a politician and someone with some knowledge of both statistics and logistics, when Cuomo stands on the podium and says he needs them today, he knows it takes some time to actually make them, test them, ship/distribute them, then test them again at the destination before finally attaching them to a patient in need.

And sure, most likely, a bunch of those ventilators won't be used.  But you still (well, if you aren't an idiot and you actually want to save people) need them, because they might be needed, say 2, 3, 4 weeks from now, and you can't go at that time "Oh, we don't have enough because we were optimistic about how many people would get sick."

Cuomo (or the people under him) have the numbers for:

-how many beds they have available, both regular and icu

-how many ventilators they have and where they are

-how filled those beds are

-the rate that people are being infected in the area, and the percentage of those that need hospitalization, and how many of that group needs ventilators and/or icu beds

-roughly how long those people will need a bed, ventilator, icu bed

So, he can use statistics on those numbers and figure out roughly how many ventilators are needed under a variety of scenarios, and add some margin of error, and came up with that number, to get the ball rolling for getting them manufactured, tested, distributed, tested again before the people that need them show up at the hospitals.

The doofus in chief also has all this info available, but it's too complicated to put in one paragraph of one or two syllable words, so for him it's just "I don't think they need them".

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gagliano7 said:

I will never buy a GM product again.

I doubt that too many people really care if you do. I see that you live in NY, who knows maybe you'll be one of the people that needs one of those  "GM" ventilators. 

1 hour ago, davester said:

Fine, I typed in respirator when I meant to type in ventilator.

And of course, there aren't 30000 people that need to be on those ventilators today, because if there were, guess what, a pretty large group of them would die simply because of that.

As both a politician and someone with some knowledge of both statistics and logistics, when Cuomo stands on the podium and says he needs them today, he knows it takes some time to actually make them, test them, ship/distribute them, then test them again at the destination before finally attaching them to a patient in need.

And sure, most likely, a bunch of those ventilators won't be used.  But you still (well, if you aren't an idiot and you actually want to save people) need them, because they might be needed, say 2, 3, 4 weeks from now, and you can't go at that time "Oh, we don't have enough because we were optimistic about how many people would get sick."

Cuomo (or the people under him) have the numbers for:

-how many beds they have available, both regular and icu

-how many ventilators they have and where they are

-how filled those beds are

-the rate that people are being infected in the area, and the percentage of those that need hospitalization, and how many of that group needs ventilators and/or icu beds

-roughly how long those people will need a bed, ventilator, icu bed

So, he can use statistics on those numbers and figure out roughly how many ventilators are needed under a variety of scenarios, and add some margin of error, and came up with that number, to get the ball rolling for getting them manufactured, tested, distributed, tested again before the people that need them show up at the hospitals.

The doofus in chief also has all this info available, but it's too complicated to put in one paragraph of one or two syllable words, so for him it's just "I don't think they need them".

Same Governor who denied needing or paying for those Ventilators in 2015?  That your boy?

McCaughey, March 18: After learning that the state’s stockpile of medical equipment had 16,000 fewer ventilators than New Yorkers would need in a severe pandemic, Gov. Andrew Cuomo came to a fork in the road in 2015. He could have chosen to buy more ventilators. Instead, he asked his health commissioner, Howard Zucker to assemble a task force and draft rules for rationing the ventilators they already had.

That task force came up with rules that will be imposed when ventilators run short. Patients assigned a red code will have the highest access, and other patients will be assigned green, yellow or blue (the worst) depending on a “triage officer’s” decision. In truth, a death officer. Let’s not sugarcoat it. It won’t be up to your own doctor.

Cuomo could have purchased the additional 16,000 needed ventilators for $36,000 apiece or a total of $576 million in 2015. It’s a lot of money but less than the $750 million he threw away on a boondoggle “Buffalo Billion” solar panel factory. When it comes to state budget priorities, spending half a percent of the budget on ventilators is a no brainer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Right, that's 5 years ago with no hint of anything like this.totally different circumstances than, you know, today.

To go "Well, you didn't buy them 5 years ago, so you get none today", which is what your saying, is moronic,  And also has nothing to do with the doofus-in-chief going "I don't think he needs that many".

Edited by davester

Who is the doofus really? The guy who could have planned ahead or the guy grand standing and looking at a run for president? Oh wait, it the same a$$hole.

• Like 2

Cuomo ditched the ventilator purchase and instead went on a typical Democrat money laundering operation, giving phony companies hundreds of millions of dollars for projects that failed.  Folks who are taking that protocol of Hydrochloroquine or whatever its called and a Z-Pack and something else are made whole in about 4 hours.  Ventilators are for those who aren't going to make it so says the NYC ER doctor.  Israel has donated 18 millions of those special pills to America to fight this.  The governors of Nevada and Michigan, never Trumpers, have outlawed the use of those lifesaving medicines.  Politics all the time for those Statists.

• Like 1