Scumbag GM

Gagliano7

So, back on the OP topic. It's not so simple as GM says, "Hell Ya" we'll make them. Who is we? Oh, wait, union workers. Union says F*ck that. Our members may be exposed. Now negotiations have to take place, factories set up, ship in materials, train help, etc.It takes TIME!

Edited by tbarn
  • Like 1

Yes, even with working from an existing design from some company that already makes them, there's getting/making the individual parts (ie, "the supply chain"), making molds for parts, training people with how to assemble them, testing equipment, assembly line equipment, sterilization procedures and equipment, packaging, a billion little details.

And there's basically zero crossover between making vehicles and ventilators.

More than a month ago, would never have even been remotely considered by anyone, including the doofus in chief.

And before someone brings up how fast they switch the plants over from one model year to another, this is being done starting with a blank sheet of paper only a few weeks ago.  For switching the plants over, it is planned months and months in advance, along with the supply chain, training, etc.  And then there's the basic experience of going through this process every year.

Edited by davester

And every day for the past five years, people like the doofus in charge would be complaining that he wasted a 1/2 billion dollars on ventilators that will never be needed.
Since it happened before Trump was elected he wouldn't have said ****** about it. Cuomo messed up and wasted the money that was actually suppose to go to PPE. He failed the people in his own state on his own. The state is suppose to take care of it's people and the federal gov supports when asked. Big government leads to to much crap and failure. Its best they stay out of state business as much as possible.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

30 minutes ago, Bash74 said:

Since it happened before Trump was elected he wouldn't have said ****** about it. Cuomo messed up and wasted the money that was actually suppose to go to PPE. He failed the people in his own state on his own. The state is suppose to take care of it's people and the federal gov supports when asked. Big government leads to to much crap and failure. Its best they stay out of state business as much as possible.

No, that is EXACTLY the sort of thing Chump would comment on, as a resident of NY.  He would ****** and moan about how he shouldn't have to pay taxes (nevermind that he wasn't actually paying0 for ventilators that won't ever be used.  "I know more about how to order things (doesn't know the word "logistics" because it's 3 syllables)than everyone else, I do it all the time for building things.  Nobody knows more about ordering stuff more than I do.  I would save that billion dollars and only order how many I need when I need them."

3 hours ago, davester said:

Course, it sucked for that TrumpChump who took Hydroxychloroquine and then died after hearing the doofus in charge say on TV that it looked promising, ...

Fake News!  The guy took aquarium cleaner and the media lied and tried to blame it on the President.  Wise up man.

• Like 2

No, that is EXACTLY the sort of thing Chump would comment on, as a resident of NY.  He would ****** and moan about how he shouldn't have to pay taxes (nevermind that he wasn't actually paying0 for ventilators that won't ever be used.  "I know more about how to order things (doesn't know the word "logistics" because it's 3 syllables)than everyone else, I do it all the time for building things.  Nobody knows more about ordering stuff more than I do.  I would save that billion dollars and only order how many I need when I need them."
Actually he wouldn't have mentioned anything about it. It was never on anyone's radar. If this whole virus thing never came up, nothing about Cuomo spending the money would even of been mentioned. I mean maybe .5% percent of anyone in NY even knows anything about it. Either way Cuomo screwed up and failed. Now he begging the federal government to fix his **** up, which they need to do, and once again federal government involved in state issues. I would have just spent all the money and bought the stuff. I mean I spend millions, month after month ordering stuff that just might not be used for years.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Booger T said:

I doubt that too many people really care if you do. I see that you live in NY, who knows maybe you'll be one of the people that needs one of those  "GM" ventilators. 

I hope not but if I do I hope I won’t have to wait for GM to make it.

9 hours ago, Bash74 said:

So I guess you are going to be limited on your truck purchase. I mean Ford was told and demanded also. Toyota hasn't made anything yet either. So they are all scumbags under your standards.

Ford wasn’t demanded they are doing it. GM said the would also but started playing games so now they’re being forced.

8 hours ago, davester said:

Yes, even with working from an existing design from some company that already makes them, there's getting/making the individual parts (ie, "the supply chain"), making molds for parts, training people with how to assemble them, testing equipment, assembly line equipment, sterilization procedures and equipment, packaging, a billion little details.

And there's basically zero crossover between making vehicles and ventilators.

More than a month ago, would never have even been remotely considered by anyone, including the doofus in chief.

And before someone brings up how fast they switch the plants over from one model year to another, this is being done starting with a blank sheet of paper only a few weeks ago.  For switching the plants over, it is planned months and months in advance, along with the supply chain, training, etc.  And then there's the basic experience of going through this process every year.

My mother could tell you stories about how fast they turned the Libby's canning plant she worked in into making parts for P-51's after Peal was hit. Under a month. What do you suppose Libby's knew about airplanes? Don't recall history saying the were falling out of the sky like Chicken Little. Just say' n. 

• Like 2

Not fake.  Just your standard, everyday, run of the mill TrumpChump.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/arizona-man-dies-after-taking-drug-chloroquine-coronavirus

Your TDS is showing. May want to get that checked out.
When it gets that bad, it hinders the ability to produce facts and one’s voice becomes that of Charlie Brown’s teacher.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3