Lowering the front end of a 2019 4x4 using torsion keys

46 minutes ago, hihosilverado said:

Why would anyone lower a 4wd?

Because it's not in every case that you are trying to drive over an obstacle when you just want more traction.

Why do cars have AWD?

How heavy are those torsion keys?  I suppose if you stuffed enough of them around the front end of the truck to weigh it down they might lower it a bit.

On a different note, did 2wd GM trucks ever use torsion bars?  Why would anyone lower a 4wd?

My 1960 Chevy had torsion bars. They had them until 1963 for 2wd longer for heavy duty trucks. My dads 3ton grain truck has them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

sorry i have been out i work in the oilfield so,  back to my question.   so is it possible to replace the spring or cut a small amount off to achieve the stance im looking for? ive never worked with the torsion key set up so its kinda new to me torsion bars all day i can lift/lower.  As for WHY i want to lower this truck it was lowered 2" in the rear from GM( plus my old lady is 5 ft nothing tall), THIS is not your average off the lot silverado.  this is a RMT edition they only made 10 that i know of and 1 in summit white. 

TRUCK2.jpg

12 minutes ago, PaulsRMT said:

sorry i have been out i work in the oilfield so,  back to my question.   so is it possible to replace the spring or cut a small amount off to achieve the stance im looking for? ive never worked with the torsion key set up so its kinda new to me torsion bars all day i can lift/lower.  As for WHY i want to lower this truck it was lowered 2" in the rear from GM( plus my old lady is 5 ft nothing tall), THIS is not your average off the lot silverado.  this is a RMT edition they only made 10 that i know of and 1 in summit white. 

TRUCK2.jpg

Is it just me or is the front bumper add on a different white 

it might be the angle, and the sunlight that wasnt there at the time. but it does match perfect, it was painted and installed by GM, same with the vision 24" rims , scoop, grill inserts, bed cover, and italian leather RMT badged front and back seats. did i mention they only made 10 of these that i know of?

12 minutes ago, PaulsRMT said:

did i mention they only made 10 of these that i know of?

Yes, yes you did.

Pretty cool being able to get something that rare in this day and age.

Do you have any documents from GM, or build sheets in case you ever decide to sell?

Edited by JimCost2014

I do , i kept the window stickers and i have a nice little bag with a USB drive and all the mods RMT did to it. main thing i want to do on it is give her a nice stance 2" drop all around. is it possible to cut the coil down a bit to achieve that? i have lowered tons of vehicles, with kits and the poor mans way .

On 3/31/2020 at 5:10 PM, PaulsRMT said:

hey everyone,

anyone lowered the front end of a 2019 yet using the torsion keys/bar?  i have yet to see one that has been done the poor mans way just curious to see what everyone says!!

1 hour ago, PaulsRMT said:

7 minutes ago, PaulsRMT said:

I do , i kept the window stickers and i have a nice little bag with a USB drive and all the mods RMT did to it. main thing i want to do on it is give her a nice stance 2" drop all around. is it possible to cut the coil down a bit to achieve that? i have lowered tons of vehicles, with kits and the poor mans way .

Don't be a poor man mod guy.  Do it the right way:  https://www.belltech.com/products/belltech/lowering/belltech-lowering-kit-19-20-silverado-sierra-4wd-1041sp.html

GM has not had torsion bars on the 1500 Silverado since 2006.  Its coil over shock.  

Also, not to break your heart, but nothing on that truck is from Chevrolet or General Motors other than the truck itself.  The hood dome, the body kit, the wheels.  Whoever "RMT" is, its their creation.  No affiliation with General Motors, just an aftermarket affiliation with the Chevrolet dealer it was purchased from.    

https://www.bmcextremecustoms.net/2019-2020-silverado-ground-effects-kit-bodykit-short-box.html

• Like 1

RMT TRUCK WORKS is out of Colorado, the "rocky ridge edition" is what they are known for. they never dabbled in doing lowering or body kits etc. this is the only one i have ever seen. when you try to look this truck up on image search you wont find it. i have been told RMT  , ROCKY RIDGE, and a few others where bought out by FOX a few months ago. RMT told my salesman , and I both that they only made 10 of these, its similar to the old Regency conversion trucks or trailmasters from back in the day. they almost do not compare to this truck. RMT did it right, they deleted the VVT added a 3" stainless exhaust, tuned the comp. and added a "launch/sport" mode(goes to all wheel drive on dead stop).  i have a 06 chevy that is built (800hp) and this thing eats it off the line till about 4th gear . 

25 minutes ago, PaulsRMT said:

Yea, I would not be "cutting" springs on a brand new truck when there are good quality replacements.

Is this a variation of the RST packages?