In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
Bucketmouth

Need some 1500 help

Im looking at trading in my 2018 and getting either that RST or the Trail boss.  Maybe go GMC, (Dont llike the Plastic around the fenders).  Are there noticeable differences other than the obvious lift  in the trail bpss? If I get a Trail boss, I want the bumpers painted and If I get the RST, I want a lift kit. About 3" give or take. Please let me know if there is something I need to be looking at.  Thank you

If your going to want a 3" over stock lift kit, then there is no benefit to purchasing a lifted trail boss only to pay more to lift it 1" further.  In your situation, I would go with the RST, and purchase the Eibach lift which will do approximately 3 inches, giving you the lift you want to begin with, at a cheaper price point.

If you are willing to paint the Trail Boss bumpers why wouldn't you be willing to paint the GMC fenders? That would be the cheapest of all as I think they make a pre-painted or ready to paint option that will be less. 

Tyler

I agree 100% - I went with 19 RST... MAKE SURE IT HAS XM IF YOU WANT IT!

that is my only mistake... 19 RST Z71 White - CST 3" lift... Turns heads even without putting on my Walker Evans beadlocks

Gangly is right, Eibach would be the best "Cheaper" option.. My CST kit was a few grand.  (But they ride great)

Look carefully to see which trims and packages have the 2 speed transfer case if you are looking for that. Many of the lower trim levels don't come with it.

Get the AT4 with painted fenders. Bumpers match. Lift done. And a 6.2😁

7 hours ago, VinnieM said:

Get the AT4 with painted fenders. Bumpers match. Lift done. And a 6.2😁

This