2020 HD Plant Production

Don't be surprised if you don't get any updates until June/July.  Sorry, but they are going VERY slow and no guarantees they even have the parts they need to assemble your truck.  Patience, patience. 

Well, I am still TPW 3/16. Noting has changed this week. Anyone have any ideas how to get some kind of new information? The dealer claims they know nothing either. I'm at the point where I need to either get a line of site on this truck or move on to something else.

THE WALL STREET JOURNAL | 22 MAY 2020

GM’s Plans to Increase Truck Production Delayed by Parts Shortage

A shortage of parts from Mexico is hampering General Motors’s plans to quickly ramp up production of high-profit pickup trucks, according to a union official and other people familiar with the matter, underscoring the auto industry’s halting restart after a two-month shutdown.

GM has delayed plans to roughly double output at its two main U.S. pickup-truck factories by adding additional shifts of workers next week, these people said. The auto maker doesn’t yet have the flow of parts it needs to accelerate production as planned, they said.

The auto maker postponed plans to call back roughly 1,300 workers to its Fort Wayne, Ind., truck factory starting Tuesday for a second eight-hour work shift, said Rich LeTourneau, an official at United Auto Workers Local 2209, which represents workers at the factory. The return date tentatively has been pushed back to June 1, he said.

GM also delayed adding a second work shift at its Flint, Mich., pickup factory, which makes GM’s largest, priciest pickup trucks, some of the people said. More than 1,000 additional employees had been scheduled to come back Tuesday, but those plans have been delayed and workers haven’t been given a new callback date, they said.

“We continue to plan to ramp up production in a gradual cadence,” a GM spokesman said, declining to discuss specifics about the schedule.

16 hours ago, Tampa_HD said:

Well, I am still TPW 3/16. Noting has changed this week. Anyone have any ideas how to get some kind of new information? The dealer claims they know nothing either. I'm at the point where I need to either get a line of site on this truck or move on to something else.

The date was assigned - before the shutdown - the date will probably not change - it will get built as production ramps up.

As I understand trucks are usually built by the end of their TPW under normal circumstances. Flint shut down mid week of my TPW of 3/16. Since end of March I have been at event code 3400 with a Vin. Maybe it was built by now and maybe not. I am only guessing but I bet it will take two full weeks for the remainder of the 3/16 TPW trucks to be built as Flint is only able to run 1shift since they opened back up on 5/18. Perhaps this Fridsy or early next week some of us 3/16 TPW guys might get some good news. Just an optimistic guess. 

Well earlier today I did the online chat and they informed me my truck was produced and gave me the last 6 digits of the VIN. I just did the chat again to see what event code I was at. They are now giving me the 3/16 TPW again and said the truck is not built but is in line to be.  I have zero faith in the chat and will occasionally check on with my dealer instead. 

32 minutes ago, Pate Services said:

Well earlier today I did the online chat and they informed me my truck was produced and gave me the last 6 digits of the VIN. I just did the chat again to see what event code I was at. They are now giving me the 3/16 TPW again and said the truck is not built but is in line to be.  I have zero faith in the chat and will occasionally check on with my dealer instead. 

Unbelievable, they just told me mine was built also, but has not been released to the carrier. I will check tomorrow to see what they say. 2 days in a row and I might believe it. 

Edited by Tampa_HD

18 hours ago, Pate Services said:

Has this been your experience? I have yet to find a chat rep to give me the event code, do I just need to keep trying to find one that will?