2020 HD Plant Production

1 hour ago, mkeddie said:

That sucks I bought a different one and haven't tried checking on my order since

Didnt feel like waiting till summer to do my upfitting

If u search that Vin on Google does it show up....wonder if they sold the truck from under you

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Nothing shows up when I search it. However, I also don't put much weight in the status updates. When I ordered my Jeep, they told me it was in Ohio waiting to ship after I already had it in my driveway. 

If I was a betting man, I think they built it the week of the shut down and it went right into QC or the parking lot. I think this, because that Friday they gave me the VIN number, which usually means 3800 status. I'm going to guess the office workers left while the production line was shutting down and it never got updated from the 3600 status they keep telling me it is in. They probably need a few days to get all the stuff cleaned up and organized to figure out what is done, and what isn't done. That's just my speculation.

They reopen tomorrow based on my browsing on the UAW message boards. That matches what I saw published on CNN also. Once they reopen you need to ask your dealer, or GMC Chat, when your TPW is. That will give you an idea of when it might show up. Usually 4-5 weeks after production for delivery, might be a little faster now since inventory is so low.

I had a TPW of 4/20/20 for a Silverado 2500 LTZ, Event Code #3000.  It then changed to 6/15/20, and now 6/29/20. 

Ford's F150 and explorer plants already had to close for workers with covid.  Hopefully Flint does not have that problem.  Flint may have to shutdown if Mexico does not allow part assembly plants to open.  Hopefully there are enough parts in the pipeline to continue to build at the current slow rate until Mexico opens up.

#iworkforGM 

Flint is running first shift only right now.  It supposed to add a second shift next week but they have part shortages.  They are going to run first shift again next week until the supply chain gets rolling.

#iworkforGM 

Edited by MTU Alum

27 minutes ago, Tampa_HD said:

Well I made it to Friday with no updates. No idea what the hold up at GM is, I thought for sure it would update sometime this week. As of 3PM Friday I am still TPW 3/16...

Even when they were running 'normal', that system is often slow to get updated. 

33 minutes ago, Tampa_HD said:

Well I made it to Friday with no updates. No idea what the hold up at GM is, I thought for sure it would update sometime this week. As of 3PM Friday I am still TPW 3/16...

Same thing with me. 31 weeks on order and still counting.