Covid19 Spare time

Donstar

15 minutes ago, customboss said:

Count me as agnostic on the religion twist. We can't agree on earthly facts like Brandon actually protecting us from EMP but we love the myth that MAGA man talked about it but DID nothing.   Will anyone on this ad ridden board agree on fact?  I doubt it because groupthink won't allow our myths to be busted.  Why this is my ONLY social media. Its been taken over by lowest common denominator of lies, deceit and misinfo.  

That’s what’s weird about you. This site is anything but group think. Most of us have had disagreements and learned to communicate and learn. You’re like a broken record and can’t see the forest from the trees. The last few leaders have done exactly as they promised. We had thrived and suffered as a result. Faulting the leadership is ridiculous. The false reporting and censorship are the blame. I rarely if ever post a quote. I read them all and come to an independent conclusion based on experience. 

• Sad 1

Just now, KARNUT said:

That’s what’s weird about you. This site is anything but group think. Most of us have had disagreements and learned to communicate and learn. You’re like a broken record and can’t see the forest from the trees. The last few leaders have done exactly as they promised. We had thrived and suffered as a result. Faulting the leadership is ridiculous. The false reporting and censorship are the blame. I rarely if ever post a quote. I read them all and come to an independent conclusion based on experience. 

What's weird is that if someone disagrees with you ( and the internet maga crap)  and proves it you have nothing to substantiate your position except BELIEF in your own position.  Wish txab would share what he sent me privately. But alas I stand on fact not belief. Stan I actually like and respect you but will share factual basis truth with you until they throw me off here. 

14 minutes ago, customboss said:

What's weird is that if someone disagrees with you ( and the internet maga crap)  and proves it you have nothing to substantiate your position except BELIEF in your own position.  Wish txab would share what he sent me privately. But alas I stand on fact not belief. Stan I actually like and respect you but will share factual basis truth with you until they throw me off here. 

I amaze how you demonize MAGA. The alternative is what we have now. Your way of thinking gave us this debacle. The deep state is desperately trying to shield our current leaders. It’s increasingly looking like we may have a trader in the Oval Office. Your factual truth is the reason for our current failed economic policies. Perhaps you should spend some time down at the southern border. I have. We’re being invaded. It’s turmoil. MAGA all but had it sealed. Been to a school lately. Spare me your idealist utopia. I believe what I see, it stinks. I’ll definitely take MAGA over this. I’ll leave it here. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, customboss said:

Don't give up that natural gas stove either......

All electric here, I reside in SC now which generates their electricity from a mix, one small hydroelectric facility, one nuke, the rest from coal and gas. I was originally from central Wa. state which is very blessed with cheap hydroelectricity, 3 counties have their own hydro dams on the Columbia River and sell directly to the consumer without going through the BPA. Electricity is so inexpensive there comparatively to the rest of the nation that there are even a few free EV charging stations in those counties. If I still lived there would make economic sense to have an EV as a 2nd vehicle, a get around town grocery getter and errand runner.

• Thanks 1

MAGA drove up 25% of our 240 year debt in 4 years!  

Border is a mess we agree, because CONGRESS WONT or CANT act because its good politics and central america is collapsing after we beat the poop out of them in 80's. I served in USN and Army in central america so don't lecture me on that fact. 

I used to live in Davis County Texas  in big bend so spare me the lecture. 

MAGA tried to overthrow the nations congress and disrupt the electoral count.  Biden won and Mike Pence did the right thing supporting factual constitutional law vs FEELINGS misdirected by the biggest loser who ripped off the US enabled Putin to drive into Ukraine after Obama sat on his hands. 

Biden and Pence had classified docs, thats wrong but they immediately complied with Archives and DOJ and FBI. What did MAGA man do, for almost a year hid the docs, lied about them and then stonewalled more until FBI had to come get em. 

Amazed???? Wake up man, you are amazed  being called on out the lies based on FEELINGS, not FACTS OR THINGS??? Thats why you are duped my MAGA. MAGA ruined MY GOP!  Wake the F up dumbasses or we will lose this Republic.  

GOP used to be factually based, things drove discussion not feelings. You operate on feelings my friend. Thats whats wrong with any conservative getting a voice so we have one party right now thats factual, do I agree with them on every issue NO.  But because of MAGA attempting to control US by authoritarianism I have to support those of any party that reject MAGA.  

This is not political its EXISTENTIAL FOR USA.  " Just the facts ma'am" remember that quote when the FBI wasn't you're made up enemy! 

11 minutes ago, garagerog said:

All electric here, I reside in SC now which generates their electricity from a mix, one small hydroelectric facility, one nuke, the rest from coal and gas. I was originally from central Wa. state which is very blessed with cheap hydroelectricity, 3 counties have their own hydro dams on the Columbia River and sell directly to the consumer without going through the BPA. Electricity is so inexpensive there comparatively to the rest of the nation that there are even a few free EV charging stations in those counties. If I still lived there would make economic sense to have an EV as a 2nd vehicle, a get around town grocery getter and errand runner.

Thats great garagerog. 

All electric here and this winter with ETS heater and some insulation upgrades we are using less energy and more comfy. My average KWH rate right now is 8.5 cents. We average over a year 8.25 to 10 cents a KWH as a COOP.  Many here use solar and wind for off grid living. I will do some kind of hybrid of that when I can afford better batteries.  Many cut wood but I cannot physically do that anymore. 

In a previous life holding a top secret clearance I can tell you with confidence that I’d been courts martialed  for these kinds of blunders. HANG EM ALL!!!!

Edited by customboss

9 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Sometimes it's like watching two dogs fight over a bone on the decks of the Titanic. 

I appreciate the differences of understanding but the name calling is ineffective in helping us benefit from the knowledge of these individuals.  Often a third party sees common ground but combatants appear to enjoy the fight.   The fight over the bone serves as a distraction over the elephant in the room. (mixed metaphor 😉 )  Covid continues to impact us in many ways.  "We" have learned a great deal over the past few years and the yin and yang have found us here today.  The relaxation in restrictions have not made it go away The news last night showed many restaurants closing or repurposing in the downtown area of our provincial capital.  This is due to government workers continuing to work from home. The spinoffs like tourism are taking a hit.  My wife and I actually cancelled a "birthday"  trip to this city this weekend because a few of our favored destinations are closed.  As a result, I have more spare time this weekend compliments of Covid!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Sometimes it's like watching two dogs fight over a bone on the decks of the Titanic. 

Hmmmm, the ship of state in US and other democracies like Canada are simply a vehicle of life for many to enjoy fruits of life there but do nothing and contribute nothing to its condition and health. 

Covid affected s death and injury is a DIRECT result of how that boat floats. I've never been a casual observer my former christian faith and duty to constitution drove that and duty drives it today.  The USA is no titanic. Stan in particular feels same way we just disagree how to get there.

I just won't ever support overthrow of the constitution and when Iran took our hostages I did something to get them back although it cost USA blood and treasure. Many of the readers here like Grumpy seem to not get that the more you have invested in this constitutional democratic REPUBLIC the more you grieve when you see 70 yo men whine about its health but never gave a thing but minimal taxes and voting ( maybe).  

Every one of you who are not veterans ought to go to your nearest VA hospital and come back and report how the action men and women are doing who allowed you the right and privilege of complaining, enjoying roads, jobs, raising your family, and worshiping any way you choose in FREEDOM.  

Edited by customboss
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, customboss said:

Every one of you who are not veterans ought to go to your nearest VA hospital and come back and report how the action men and women are doing who allowed you the right and privilege of complaining, enjoying roads, jobs, raising your family, and worshiping any way you choose in FREEDOM.  

I've been around the US military since the end of Vietnam, still around today some 40 something years later.  There is no way a civilian could handle a VA hospital, I can't handle a VA hospital.  Not getting busted up as bad during my 23-year active duty stint, I'm humbled when I go into a regional medical center and see how busted-up those folks are. 

Freedom for you came with a price, speak your "peace" man.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Donstar said:

I appreciate the differences of understanding but the name calling is ineffective in helping us benefit from the knowledge of these individuals.

A metaphor is name calling? 

4 hours ago, Donstar said:

The fight over the bone serves as a distraction over the elephant in the room. (mixed metaphor 😉 )

But not if you are? :sigh:               Okay. 

• Like 1

I’ve been driving today to visit my Sargent Major, green beret father in law. One of many who served in my family. My hearing kept my out. People have different opinions about the going’s on around us. Unfortunately finding true (experts) usually boils down to just another opinion. COVID proves that. People shouldn’t get their panties in a wad. It stops reasonable conversation. 

4 hours ago, customboss said:

Declaration of Independance paragraph 2: 

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Even the framers knew that freedom, whatever you think that means, knew it is granted not from men but from God. It cannot be taken, and it cannot be defended by one people without equal or greater suffering for another people. Europeans come here to rid themselves of religious tyranny and slavery and imposed it on the people they took it from by force and those they brought here against their will. (Taking their freedom).  

There hasn't been a free expansion into an unpopulated area of earth since I couldn't tell you when, and even when lands were empty for the taking people of all government styles and religious beliefs still took from others first. Imposing their will and stripping the native populations of rights, privileges and life itself. 

You can call me whatever you like but you cannot call me a liar. History proves this out. 

You can spill as much blood as you like in defense of an idea whose very substance is standing in that same blood of those that preceded them; but ALL MEN are created equal. Not just those whose ideals and customs you like.  You cannot obtain PEACE by WAR. The best man has done so far is force submission and call it peace. The Cold War itself was intimidation by threat of VIOLENCE. 

Dad dug a bomb shelter in our backyard during that time. Was he FREE of the fear of violence? We didn't do fire drills in my school. We did Nuclear Bomb drills. You can't even go to Target anymore without the threat of some 'free' man shooting you. Some sixth grader shooting your teacher wife, sister, daughter. Some boys in blue gang beating your sons and daughters to death. Some idiots on the road exercising his RIGHTS to ignore the law if no one is looking canceling your right to life in peace or live at all. Most people can even define FREEDOM. 

Human rule, period, is the issue. 

• Like 2