Covid19 Spare time

Donstar

On 2/2/2023 at 12:17 PM, Grumpy Bear said:

A metaphor is name calling? 

But not if you are? :sigh:               Okay. 

Please re-read my post.  It was intended to support yours but these responses reflect that my intentions were poorly penned.  It can be a challenge to communicate face to face and even more so when sharing solely by keyboard.   

58 minutes ago, Donstar said:

Please re-read my post.  It was intended to support yours but these responses reflect that my intentions were poorly penned.  It can be a challenge to communicate face to face and even more so when sharing solely by keyboard.   

AMEN. We're good. :D 

Today I begin the last year of my 60's.  It is funny when I think of memorable birthdays, they usually centre around childhood. I not a fan of too much attention and most of my adult birthdays are indiscernible.  Receiving a few phone calls and lunch out with my wife suits me!  I truly appreciate having so many birthdays as the option is totally unacceptable!!

Edited by Donstar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Donstar said:

Today I begin the last year of my 60's.  It is funny when I think of memorable birthdays, they usually centre around childhood. I not a fan of too much attention and most of my adult birthdays are indiscernible.  Receiving a few phone calls and lunch out with my wife suits me!  I truly appreciate having so many birthdays as the option is totally unacceptable!!

You are about 4 months younger than I. Race ya to the finish! :crackup:

• Like 1

Currently I am looking for a gently used utility trailer suitable for transporting my Harley trike.  Pre-covid, this would have been an easy search.  Now,  a lot of people want to haul the toys they purchased during covid!  I only need a trailer for occasional use and a suitable rental would be sufficient if one was available.  Of course we all know that if I wait awhile there will be a glut of these on the market.  I remember during the peak of covid we considered taking in another dog to foster and/or keep.   The shelters were empty!  Now, we're hearing pleas from our local shelters to help them with an overabundance of surrendered dogs!   I can't get upset by such things especially when I'm doing the same.  It would be like in 2020 when people were complaining about TP shortages as they were pushing their Costco cart full of the aforementioned product! 

6 minutes ago, Donstar said:

Currently I am looking for a gently used utility trailer suitable for transporting my Harley trike.  Pre-covid, this would have been an easy search.  Now,  a lot of people want to haul the toys they purchased during covid!  I only need a trailer for occasional use and a suitable rental would be sufficient if one was available.  Of course we all know that if I wait awhile there will be a glut of these on the market.  I remember during the peak of covid we considered taking in another dog to foster and/or keep.   The shelters were empty!  Now, we're hearing pleas from our local shelters to help them with an overabundance of surrendered dogs!   I can't get upset by such things especially when I'm doing the same.  It would be like in 2020 when people were complaining about TP shortages as they were pushing their Costco cart full of the aforementioned product! 

I’m a live and let live type of person. And I don’t believe in made made global warming to the point of destruction. I find it amusing that a person who preaches the virtues of electric vehicles and riding a motorcycle to save the planet. Is going to hook a trailer to probably to his truck. To haul the trike somewhere for pleasure riding. I absolutely have no problem with. But find it amusing. Kinda like global warming screamers flying private jets. I must apologize in advance, I can’t help myself. Of course it could be broken and you’re taking to the shop. Then I’d be foolish and I deserve it. I’m at day 6 at the father in law’s. And I’m going batty. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, KARNUT said:

I’m a live and let live type of person. And I don’t believe in made made global warming to the point of destruction. I find it amusing that a person who preaches the virtues of electric vehicles and riding a motorcycle to save the planet. Is going to hook a trailer to probably to his truck. To haul the trike somewhere for pleasure riding. I absolutely have no problem with. But find it amusing. Kinda like global warming screamers flying private jets. I must apologize in advance, I can’t help myself. Of course it could be broken and you’re taking to the shop. Then I’d be foolish and I deserve it. I’m at day 6 at the father in law’s. And I’m going batty. 

Fort Brag and FayetteNam have that effect on us all. Hang in there and drink more with the First Sgt!  LOL  

Global Warming is a fact, whether or not you accept it or not.  The effect of one persons behaviors have nothing to do with greenhouse gases increasing heating the earth.  Its a worldwide problem and needs worldwide solutions.  Walk over to one the lakes there in Fayetteville throw in a rock and watch what happens, the rock will splash a bit but the lake does not move near its edges, same thing with a BIG problem. Towing a trailer hauling a motorcycle won't do a thing to increase or stop global warming.  100,000,000,000 trailers being towed will over time.  The problem with thinking of science problems in political terms is you miss the science. 

The earth is heating and it affects everything. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, customboss said:

Fort Brag and FayetteNam have that effect on us all. Hang in there and drink more with the First Sgt!  LOL  

Global Warming is a fact, whether or not you accept it or not.  The effect of one persons behaviors have nothing to do with greenhouse gases increasing heating the earth.  Its a worldwide problem and needs worldwide solutions.  Walk over to one the lakes there in Fayetteville throw in a rock and watch what happens, the rock will splash a bit but the lake does not move near its edges, same thing with a BIG problem. Towing a trailer hauling a motorcycle won't do a thing to increase or stop global warming.  100,000,000,000 trailers being towed will over time.  The problem with thinking of science problems in political terms is you miss the science. 

The earth is heating and it affects everything. 

I have no doubts about warming. Just the cause. I don’t think about everything in political terms either. Unfortunately it’s the lesser of evils. What’s going on now is pure evil. Pollution on the east coast is the product of the times and that time thinking. My growing up in New Jersey there’s a stretch of land that’s been fenced off as long as I can remember. No one remembers why.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2023 at 7:27 AM, KARNUT said:

I’m a live and let live type of person. And I don’t believe in made made global warming to the point of destruction. I find it amusing that a person who preaches the virtues of electric vehicles and riding a motorcycle to save the planet. Is going to hook a trailer to probably to his truck. 

I ride a motorcycle/trike for the enjoyment.  (wind in my face and shifting gears 😉 ).  Like most boomers, I had some youth related experience with bikes, but didn't get my endorsement and first bike until I was 60.    It goes on a trailer for service as the distance to a dealer is beyond my comfort level.  This will not preclude going electric.  A towing requirement of over 2k lbs. will be needed but this is inherent with any EV I have in mind or am anticipating.   

• Like 1