Any decent running boards for a double cab?

I didn't want step bars or running boards, but my rockers are getting chipped all to hell. I like the rough country hd2, but they are only available for the crew cabs. Anyone with a double cab find anything decent looking out there? Or does anyone know if a set from the k2 double cabs can go on the T1s with just bracket mods?

Edited by 19sierra53

Same boat. We have a few options:

1) Amp Research steps (what I'm going with when I get the $$$)

2) Nerf Bars. Garbage IMO. 

3) Sliders. And just get them welded on. I would get these if I wasn't going to need the Amp steps, just haven't seen anyone do it to know which ones look clean with these trucks. You can weld any slider you want on to the frame. 

7 hours ago, superhighsierra said:

Same boat. We have a few options:

1) Amp Research steps (what I'm going with when I get the $$$)

2) Nerf Bars. Garbage IMO. 

3) Sliders. And just get them welded on. I would get these if I wasn't going to need the Amp steps, just haven't seen anyone do it to know which ones look clean with these trucks. You can weld any slider you want on to the frame. 

Ya, kinda sucks There is lots out there for the double cab K2's . I wonder how much different the mounting is from the K2 to the T1's? I work at a fab shop, so could likely make brackets if there isn't a massive difference to where I would have to modify the actual running boards.

I went with the Lund 24210689 Black Stainless Steel 5 Inch Oval Curved Nerf Bars for 2019-2020 Chevrolet Silverado/Sierra 1500 Extended Cab (Rocker Panel Mount)  for $329 being stainless steel I am hoping they don't rot out as quickly as many others do.

I got the Westin HDX. I agree there's not very many options out there for the double cabs. And lots of the crew cab options look like they'd work fine on a double cab if they had the correct mounting points. It wouldn't be difficult for a company to add a couple bolt holes and a couple plugs so you can plug the holes you don't need.

Nothing wrong with the OEM over the throw ons, excellent for preventing rocker chips, nice flat foo step and drain......even have a built in logo

DSCN0588.JPG.33c6cd5b73d816137bd76d43766e5bc9.JPGDSCN0702.JPG.1987c04913edd8a731455ee345ffcda6.JPG

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thomcat said:

Nothing wrong with the OEM over the throw ons, excellent for preventing rocker chips, nice flat foo step and drain......even have a built in logo

DSCN0588.JPG.33c6cd5b73d816137bd76d43766e5bc9.JPGDSCN0702.JPG.1987c04913edd8a731455ee345ffcda6.JPG

Yes, not bad, but $950. If you have any more pics is like to see them. Do these feel fairly solid?

They are solid and the treadle is flat and horizontal foot a good foot grab.....no way I'd get them as an aftermarket add on for $950.....came with the $2500 appearance package with sports bar and tonneau.....and no way I'd pay that much for that either. A $42K RST listing for $56K+ with accessories and all I paid was $42K which is the cheapest way to get high markup expensive accessories and not aftermarket.