Best Performance Chip for Silverado 6.2 Liter Engine

I apologize up front if this topic has already been brought up. I am a new member and looking forward for some help. 

I have a 2017 Chevy Silverado 1/2 ton Z71 with 6.2 liter engine, 3.23 gears and 8 speed transmission. I have a drop in K&n air filter, flow master muffler and will be doing a lift kit with larger tires and wheels. 

Those of you that have experience with this motor and chips, what’s the best. I am looking at Diablo or Sport Chips. 

My pervious 2012 Sierra with 5.3 liter, I ran the Hypertech Max Energy and absolutely loved it. It made the truck feel night and day difference. Hypertech currently does not support the 8 speed tranny so I need to look for another chip.

My driving is 70% city/highway, 20% towing boat/atv hunting trailer and 10% offroad wheeling. 

Look forward to seeing what chip is best for my 6.2 and what settings you found to be the best. I want good power, string shift points and added mileage is a benefit. 

Thank you everyone. 

You'd need HP tuners if you wanted to calibrate the TCM.

But HP tuners is made for the person that want to do the tuning themselves. There is no "pre-loaded" tunes with HP Tuners and tuning the 8 speed TCM in this year costs a pretty penny on top of the cost to buy the product.

Just a breakdown is like this.

HP Tuners itself is $300.

Credits to unlock the PCM is $200.

Credits to unlock the TCM is $200.

The TCM requires an unlock service as well, at the cost of $200. Plus the week downtime of not being able to drive your truck. Or spend more for a spare TCM.

So a minimum grand total of $900 if you want to calibrate the PCM and TCM on your truck.

Other tuning services will only allow for PCM tuning because they won't have the TCM support.

• Like 1

Custom tuning is your best bet.  No canned tune is going to work as well.

Also, I'm still amazed people refer to tuning as "chips."  You haven't been able to replace the EPROM in ECM/PCMs since 95 in the USA, since 96 everything went OBD2 and required FLASH memory to be used.  Although I still do OBD1 tuning on my Camaros, one of which used to use the EPROM until I did a ECM swap and started using my RoadRunner to do real time tuning.  Saves so much time than having to constantly burn new EEPROMs.

• Thanks 1

I do not have a 6.2, but currently shopping for one. And plan on making a move in the next couple of days.

I have the 5.3 in my Tahoe, and bought the autocal from BlackBear and could not be happier.

In addition to a great tune, they have lifetime tunes for as long as you own it. if you do further mods, they will adjust, if you change tire size, they will adjust your speedo. All through email. 

I need to do some research to see if tuning will void whatever warranty balance i have left when i buy, otherwise it will be tuned by BlackBear within days of buying. 

• Like 1

+1 for HPTuners. Yes it'll be more expensive but it'll be worth it over some canned tune.

Also, look into CJtunes.com E85 kit. $300 for the sensor and install kit (Very simple to install). Once turned on and calibrated correctly can add 40-60hp at the crank. They have numbers on the site 20-30hp/tq at the wheel.

I did everything myself for the E85 conversion and tune. Its fairly simple and there are youtube videos on what to adjust in the tune to make it work with E85.

I have no messed with the TCM though. Theres a lot you can do with the ECM and E85 to get good noticeable results.

I'm running a diablew tune and it works great. I've been down the road of heavily modded cars and dyno tunes, i'd say for a relatively stock application that's wayyyyy overkill. Hp tuners makes a great product but for my daily truck the diablew was the best bang for the buck, while remaining relatively safe over the off the shelf tunes. 

The trans tune was worth every last penny, the stock shift points are horrendous. 

18 minutes ago, SWOYER said:

I'm running a diablew tune and it works great. I've been down the road of heavily modded cars and dyno tunes, i'd say for a relatively stock application that's wayyyyy overkill. Hp tuners makes a great product but for my daily truck the diablew was the best bang for the buck, while remaining relatively safe over the off the shelf tunes. 

The trans tune was worth every last penny, the stock shift points are horrendous. 

If you had to pay an extra $500 for that trans tune, along with having to replace the tcm, is it still worth it?