Truck WiFi

14 minutes ago, Gangly said:

Do you have to have OnStar to activate the available WiFi on the truck?

Don’t believe so. You call them and they set up an account through at&t for you. 

1 hour ago, Jetiemann said:

Don’t believe so. You call them and they set up an account through at&t for you. 

I was able to get unlimited data for $15.  It’s definitely worth it!  Im not a fan of satellite radio so I use Pandora.

10 minutes ago, Gangly said:

So do you call OnStar and they setup the Wifi account with AT&T, or do I call AT&T directly?

yes. call onstar direct. I took me 5 minutes to  set it up over the phone with them.

I have the AT&T family plan with unlimited data. So I just added my truck to my plan as a connected car for $15 a month when they had a special. Now I think it’s $20/month.
Works great and didn’t have to go through onstar.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Michael2020AT4 said:

I have the AT&T family plan with unlimited data. So I just added my truck to my plan as a connected car for $15 a month when they had a special. Now I think it’s $20/month.
Works great and didn’t have to go through onstar.

Good to know.  I have AT&T as well, but didn't know I could just add that truck to the plan. Thanks

I ended up getting the Unlimited Access plan which is unlimited data and remote access plus diagnostics stuff. The plan isn’t listed under Chevy app and you have to call them. I use the remote start on the app and door lock/unlock all the time when I’m a little further away from the truck. If I can remember it’s $34 a month. I’m still in the trial period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sweatandsteel said:

I am still in the trial period as well and had to call to tell them to activate my wifi but it works great. Now I am just trying to figure out what plan to get ? 

Me too! I’m almost up on my trial, didn’t think I’d like it, but my kids seem to!  This is where they get ya

Thanks for this! They didn’t provide much info on it during purchase and the onstar folks are overly aggressive for services I don’t really want/need. Good to know you can just do WiFi directly

• Thanks 1