Truck WiFi

3 minutes ago, 2019Custom said:

Thanks for this! They didn’t provide much info on it during purchase and the onstar folks are overly aggressive for services I don’t really want/need. Good to know you can just do WiFi directly

Yeah they try to get to get the whole 9.  Crooks if u ask me!

3 hours ago, Kristy Tim said:

Me too! I’m almost up on my trial, didn’t think I’d like it, but my kids seem to!  This is where they get ya

Yeah, I just started the trial on Thursday but already received an email this morning saying I only have 10% remaining. I guess youtube music burns through the data!

2 hours ago, sweatandsteel said:

Yeah, I just started the trial on Thursday but already received an email this morning saying I only have 10% remaining. I guess youtube music burns through the data!

Yeah they really get ya!  Fukers! LOL

• Haha 1

I took the plunge on Thursday and bought the 2 year unlimited data wifi plan for my truck at $380. It comes out to around $15.84 per month which I didn't think was that bad for unlimited data. 

I had it for $15 per month.  I also have an ATT cell phone.  Oddly...even though the GM Wifi was through ATT, it was about 1/3-1/2 the speed.  Sometimes Amazon music would take forever to load.  I ditched it and just use my phone wifi.

12 hours ago, Big Sky Eric said:

I had it for $15 per month.  I also have an ATT cell phone.  Oddly...even though the GM Wifi was through ATT, it was about 1/3-1/2 the speed.  Sometimes Amazon music would take forever to load.  I ditched it and just use my phone wifi.

Same here. It was painfully slow for me but my phone which is also ATT is twice as fast. 

FYI, for those that dont have wifi turned on, OnStar is offering a complementary 3GB/3month plan right now. You just have to have your advisor turn it on. I tried clicking the "Redeem" button online through the mychevy app, but it kept giving me an error. Asked an advisor about it, 10 seconds later it was on. I'm going to use this free time to determine if I like the wifi enough in the truck to pay for it in the future, or just use my phone

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

I had it for a little bit did you all notice a super slow speed like its capped? Mine worked great for a month, then I would speedtest the wifi in the truck and it was bearly at 7mbps but I turn the wifi off and switch to ATT service and I am pulling 30-50MBPS.. I called ATT they did some troubleshooting but no luck! So i ended up cancelling it, but i do miss it for the kids and their ipads!

10 hours ago, Sunnyd360 said:

I had it for a little bit did you all notice a super slow speed like its capped? Mine worked great for a month, then I would speedtest the wifi in the truck and it was bearly at 7mbps but I turn the wifi off and switch to ATT service and I am pulling 30-50MBPS.. I called ATT they did some troubleshooting but no luck! So i ended up cancelling it, but i do miss it for the kids and their ipads!

Same here.  Wifi speeds were slow.  I contacted Onstar about it.  They did some diagnostics and rebooted the system.  The speed increased slightly but still wasn't as good as the speed on my phone.  I cancelled my service as well.  

On 5/3/2020 at 3:11 PM, Kristy Tim said:

Yeah they really get ya!  Fukers! LOL

My trial is up today, spoke with them yesterday to tell them I’d like to keep them but too expensive, they gave me a good deal to keep it, got the unlimited even got them to give me a better deal on the rest 

Can anyone tell me the advantages to having the WiFi in the truck as opposed to just using your phone for a hotspot for your kids to connect to? I do think those of you who have gotten unlimited for $15 a month is a good deal but if it accomplishes the same as what your phone can do isn’t it still a waste?