Range AFM disabler

3 hours ago, Chewy21 said:

Did you buy it used? Is it updated to the latest firmware?

I bought it new, directly from Range. I contacted them about it after a while and they said they had a firmware update and all I had to do was send it to them. Got it back and it was harsher with the shifts and still blocked OnStar. I called them back and they said "oh well that's all we can do your truck is different for some reason". So I wrote a review about the experience and the owner or someone high up contacted me and asked if I wanted to return it for a full refund. Issaid yes and if I was given the option I would have picked it earlier instead of the "oh well".

Edited by doropallo

On 1/27/2021 at 12:21 PM, bayouguy71 said:

I bought mine new right from Range and mine also blocks the onstar monthly diagnostics report.

I think this is true with anything that stays plugged into the OBD-II port.  I used to use the Automatic sensor for vehicle monitoring in my 2014 and briefly in my 2018 and whenever it was installed, OnStar reports would be blocked.

1 hour ago, Darmichar said:

I think this is true with anything that stays plugged into the OBD-II port.  I used to use the Automatic sensor for vehicle monitoring in my 2014 and briefly in my 2018 and whenever it was installed, OnStar reports would be blocked.

True, but they claim that the updated firmware doesn't. There's some guys here that have stated their diagnostics isn't blocked.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Hieneken49 said:

don't bother paying for onstar nonsense so i wouldn't know if its blocking anything on mine, but the truck shifts the same as before installation for me. 

If don't pay for it either, they offer a free diagnostic report that I receive every month.

On 1/27/2021 at 1:21 PM, bayouguy71 said:

I bought mine new right from Range and mine also blocks the onstar monthly diagnostics report.

Well, I stand corrected, at least for this month.

If I knew for sure what day they ran the diagnostic I could tell you.

I am beginning to wonder if my truck has been in the pole barn / garage each time this has run since October when I got mine because this month I got my report as usual?

On 5/8/2020 at 10:35 PM, Matthew Lennon said:

Mileage goes up? I figured I’d lose some mileage. I drive mostly highway miles and around the farm. 

It’s bullshit.  My carefully measured MPG on a 400 mi round trip (on one way, off going back) on highway was about 4MPG better without the Range.  Not substantial but there nonetheless less.