Sideview Camera On When Changing Lanes? Possible with software update in 2019 trucks?

Hey GM! If you're listening. It would be swell if you could make this a possibility on the 2019 trucks. 
Capture.PNG.7ff957be7f9e1c2e32b7c4ed685c48db.PNG

I agree. There is no reason why they shouldn’t be able to do that.

We need a a program like Forscan but for for GM trucks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

i checked in my vehicle settings and nothing i can find to activate it, only while towing. it would be a simple feature for GM to add.

i wonder if anyone is doing software hacking for GM? theres a few for the uConnect. My Ram thought it was a Dodge Viper, all the systems are the same so thats great. all my SRT racing features worked including g force and track times and all the guages etc.. 

I tried it with one of my trailers a while back but I didn’t work. I wasn’t driving though, just backed up to it and plugged it in.

Is it speed sensitive? Will the camera activate while stopped or do you need to be moving?

1 minute ago, Jav_eee said:

I tried it with one of my trailers a while back but I didn’t work. I wasn’t driving though, just backed up to it and plugged it in.

Is it speed sensitive? Will the camera activate while stopped or do you need to be moving?

Mine works in drive and signal light on and a trailer plugged in.

Buy one of these and plug it into the plug in your bed. Then hit accessory/no trailer when it asks. Then the camera will work with your blinkers till they figure out a way to program it hopefully. I've had mine in for about two weeks without a problem. Screenshot_20200510-234917_Samsung Internet.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

The hondas with the mirror camera only comes on when the right turn signal is activated if I am not mistaken.  I believe this is the case so that you are not changing lanes to your left while looking at the screen to your right.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sjordan said:

The hondas with the mirror camera only comes on when the right turn signal is activated if I am not mistaken.  I believe this is the case so that you are not changing lanes to your left while looking at the screen to your right.

When I test drove an Accord coupe about 5 years ago, I wondered why I'd ever buy a two door mid size that was big enough to need this. Really, all they need to do is drop the beltline and they could eliminate that "feature".

• Like 1