Led taillight conversion

Hi I'm wanting to know how difficult or if even possibly of doing a taillight swap from own,halogen to the newer oem led tails, want to do this but looking to see what it would require to do it!?? I want the high country tails on my 1500 custom 

Capture+_2020-05-09-20-23-04.png

Super easy.  Get the tail lights and their factory harnesses for them.   

Then, order there depending on your truck year. 

Plug and Play. 

https://harnessdr.com/product/2016-2019-led-tail-light-adapter-harness/

https://harnessdr.com/product/2014-2015-led-tail-light-adapter-harness/

14 hours ago, pgamboa said:

Super easy.  Get the tail lights and their factory harnesses for them.   

Then, order there depending on your truck year. 

Plug and Play. 

https://harnessdr.com/product/2016-2019-led-tail-light-adapter-harness/

https://harnessdr.com/product/2014-2015-led-tail-light-adapter-harness/

Is the connection these go to down by the bumper?  Do you have one of your famous videos?

Is the connection these go to down by the bumper?  Do you have one of your famous videos?

No video for this one. Simply remove tail lights and harness. Install new tail lights and harness. Install my adapter harness in between.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Hey @pgamboa I have a 2016 GMC Sierra and upgrades to the LED taillights I did the modification myself added the 100 watt 3 ohm load resisters to them and they worked great got rid of the hipper flash but now my battery keeps dying over night I checked for any shorts or lights being on that can cause my battery to drain but can’t find anything problem anybody have the same issue happening? Anyway to correct it? Or is a must to buy your plug n play kit @pgamboa

• 1 year later...
On 5/11/2020 at 9:29 AM, DCazares said:

You can do the wiring yourself if you want to save some money. It's super easy as I just did the swap on my 14 sierra to the 16+ LED tail lights.

On 5/11/2020 at 9:29 AM, DCazares said:

You can do the wiring yourself if you want to save some money. It's super easy as I just did the swap on my 14 sierra to the 16+ LED tail lights.

Hey i just got some 17 led tail lights for my 14 and noticed the plugs are different. Was getting ready to cut up the harness but notice theres an extra red wire on the led one. Do you know what its for or if i can piggyback it to another one. 

9 hours ago, Brandon_1502 said:

Hey i just got some 17 led tail lights for my 14 and noticed the plugs are different. Was getting ready to cut up the harness but notice theres an extra red wire on the led one. Do you know what its for or if i can piggyback it to another one. 

image.thumb.png.3e04f18f45ccd3e9095121b864f6b41f.png

• 2 years later...
On 5/12/2020 at 8:59 PM, pgamboa said:

No video for this one. Simply remove tail lights and harness. Install new tail lights and harness. Install my adapter harness in between.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much for your adapter harness for this setup @pgamboa?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2020 at 10:29 AM, DCazares said:

did it end up working ??

On 1/25/2022 at 11:56 PM, Brandon_1502 said:

did it end up working ??

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2024 at 8:43 PM, chino9k said:

did it end up working ??

Yes, From the diagram above, just cap the red wire instead of connecting it to the brown wire and install the resistor as shown.  I haven't had any problems.