Got a 2019 GMC Sierra Denali - Has all the bells and whistles, BUT no CD player. Anybody got a fix to add a CD player to my truck? GMC & Chevrolet dealers are absolutely no help.

6 minutes ago, Mr Munis said:

Got a 2019 GMC Sierra Denali - Has all the bells and whistles, BUT no CD player. Anybody got a fix to add a CD player to my truck? GMC & Chevrolet dealers are absolutely no help.

Its 2020, physical media is dead. Put your CDs on a flash drive or stream like the rest of the planet.

• Like 4

I like having a CD player.

Bought a new Honda. No CD player.

Friends bought a new KIA. No CD player.

My 2012 Sierra, no CD player.

Use a flash drive in Honda and my truck.

:)

Couple options.  The best option is to put your CDs on to a giant USB drive.

Streaming.

USB powered CD player.  

Trade it in for something that has a CD player if you really really really really really really really don't want to get with technology.  

• Like 2

I do not miss those things skittering all over the truck if I have to hit the brakes really hard.

Not in the least little bit.  32 gig flash drive holds more music than you can get in your glove box/console compartment.  And easily accessable.

2 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

Looks like the replies you are going to get will be more useless than the one from the manufacture and dealers......

More useful replies than the manufacturer since Chevrolet/GMC don't even have the option for one from the factory at all.  

9 minutes ago, newdude said:

More useful replies than the manufacturer since Chevrolet/GMC don't even have the option for one from the factory at all.  

That is actually a really good reply to his question.

Not sure he was asking for alternate solutions with different types of media or personal preferences or which decade he should live.

CD's are obsolete. If Chevy put one in your truck - they would get LAUGHED at. ESPECIALLY in a vehicle with apple car play. You can play any song on demand whenever you want. If you feel you truly need a CD player buy one and install.

I use iPod, my phone with pandora and I heart. If I at almost 65 can figure out how to convert my CDs to my phone or iPod anyone can. The best part you can put ear buds in and go portable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, migrabill said:

CD's are obsolete. If Chevy put one in your truck - they would get LAUGHED at. ESPECIALLY in a vehicle with apple car play. You can play any song on demand whenever you want. If you feel you truly need a CD player buy one and install

Being obsolete isn't necessarily a bad thing. People still have horses even though they are far inferior to motorized vehicle. Some people just like to remember the "good old days".

39 minutes ago, Ferrari Eater said:

Being obsolete isn't necessarily a bad thing. People still have horses even though they are far inferior to motorized vehicle. Some people just like to remember the "good old days".

I totally agree. I'm a vinyl record guy myself. But the point is state of the art designers and engineers are not going to put a CD player in a new truck. Just like they wont put in a cassette player or 8 track tape player. You have to go aftermarket like the suggestions say.