At4 6.2l duratracs harder on fuel than reg 1500

I put Duratracs on a 2004 2500HD and lost about 1.5mpg.
My buddy has a 2020 Trail Boss wit the 20" wheels and tires.  My 2020 with 18s and Duratracs gets about 1mpg less than his truck.  Both trucks have the 5.3.

• 1 month later...

I also have a 5.3.AT4....sorry I know you asked for 6.2....but just wanted to help. Mine came with the stock duratracs and I get about 15.3mpg mixed city/hwy.....I added a 1.5” leveling motofab lower spacer and the mpgs remained the same. I was expecting a difference but it did not affect them at all. Been running the level with the stock tires for about 10k miles now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had Duratracs on my F150 before picking up my Sierra. The mileage was horrible, as was the  ride quality. I lost about 3-4 mpg with them and they womped like hell on the freeway. Had KO2s on my Jeep and loved them. Decided on Ridge Grapplers for the Sierra, getting them put on in a few days. Will see how they do. Best of luck!

On 7/12/2020 at 6:52 PM, yankeesfan81 said:

I have LT TB with 6.2L with the factory 18" wheels with Duratracs.  I am averaging 15mpg.  Best was 19.7 mpg.

That's about what I'm getting on my 20 LT TB w/ 6.2 with the 18" Duratrafcs. I have the gm cold air intake, borla atak catback, and the Stillen TruPower intake. When I was driving from East Tennessee to Southfield Michigan I got 19.8-19.9mpg with these mods, but that was before I modified the active areo shutters ( they block airflow with the Stillen intake). I haven't been on any long drives since, so it is hard to tell on hwy millage. Currently the truck is showing 16.4mpg and that is driving from Southfield to Detroit on the racetracks, I mean interstats/hwys .