Make wireless charger bigger?

I just bought a 2018 silverado but my phone (Note 10+) is too wide to fit in to the tray and make contact for charging. Any ideas on a workaround? I just need the tray a little bit wider and I'm set! 

I have an iPhone XR, so I’m not quite sure how that equates to yours but here’s what I did. I unscrewed the bezel and dremmeled around the side to make it wider until my phone would drop through. I also had to trim the height of the plastic mat on the bottom so it would sit closer. I had a friend measure everything and he’s going to 3D print me pieces so it looks factory.

Side note, my phone has an otter box case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, LordBulldog said:

I just bought a 2018 silverado but my phone (Note 10+) is too wide to fit in to the tray and make contact for charging. Any ideas on a workaround? I just need the tray a little bit wider and I'm set! 

I'm in the same boat as you and I don't even have the wireless charging lid on my jump seat. Note 10+ with an Otter Box doesn't fit so I have to just stick it in a cup holder since I haven't found a better mounting solution or cradle for it. Funny how that works though. Never big enough for a flagship phone. Granted, they probably made that area big enough for the biggest phones at the time but should have given more real estate considering every year phones seem to get bigger and bigger...

8 hours ago, Mercracing said:

I have an iPhone XR, so I’m not quite sure how that equates to yours but here’s what I did. I unscrewed the bezel and dremmeled around the side to make it wider until my phone would drop through. I also had to trim the height of the plastic mat on the bottom so it would sit closer. I had a friend measure everything and he’s going to 3D print me pieces so it looks factory.

........ I'm digging this idea. You just got me thinking now. I have a good buddy of mine that has a 3D printer..... Maybe I will do the same thing.

11 hours ago, Mercracing said:

have him do a run. Im sure 90 percent of the people on here would buy one for decent money. 

• Like 2

i was curious to see a finished product on having a bigger or wider slot on the lid

I mean I can take a picture of my rough hack job. It doesn’t look the best, but my iPhone XR fits and aways charges. Still waiting for the 3D printed parts from my buddy.

12 hours ago, Mercracing said:

I mean I can take a picture of my rough hack job. It doesn’t look the best, but my iPhone XR fits and aways charges. Still waiting for the 3D printed parts from my buddy.

As mentioned, I'm sure if your buddy wants to make some $$ I'd happily buy his 3D console kit if it truly looks factory. I have a Google Pixel 3XL and it's *barely* too wide to fit in the cutout, super annoying. Post pics when you install it!

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...