Good Deal? Yea or nay?

Finally located a 2020 SLT 4x4 Crew Cab in the color and configuration I want.  Premium Plus, Sun Roof, Dark Sky, 3.0L Diesel, X31.  Having a go around with the sales mgr. regarding a dealer discount.  I'm seeing nearby dealer discounts in the 4--4.5% range in addition to the GM $6k incentive.  However, the only truck that meets my desired combo of color and options is at a dealer who isn't budging much.  On a positive note, this truck is in-transit and dealer has promised NO add-ons/packs such as tinting, nitrogen, pinstripe, etc.  Here's the deal as of this morning.  Your comments are welcome as to the merits of this deaL

MSRP:                    $63,275

GM Discount         -  6,000

Dealer Discount   -      830 (1.3% + or -)

Tax/tag/etc          +     555

Out the Door        $57,000

Edited by LowCountrySLT

I found one with an MSRP of $63,275 going for $50,000. It's in Louisiana.... any chance it's similar to the one you're looking at?

I'd expect around $10k to $12k off of it... not $6k.

image.thumb.png.fdac694fd1985f1264b901f7c660298e.png 

• Haha 1

If its what you want, get it. They seem to be hard to find. Most of what i was looking at were all in transit. Then a load came in, i drove over, they had a 6.2 in the color i wanted but didnt have a sunroof. I took it anyway. The others have sold. Oh and 50000's cheap! In south florida  u wont find them for that!

Edited by 3rdgrey
Add

To me it is not always about the deal. I have friends that would buy something they don't really want just because it is a good deal. If you have been looking around and finally find what you want and can afford a bit more then I say go for it and enjoy the truck you want. I would pay extra just based on that alone.

• Thanks 2

best i've been able to talk dealers down to is $44k on an RST with z71, all star, and convenience 2, stickered around 52-53k. that's the 5k rebate, their 'dealer price' and supplier. 

Yikes, these questions will never go away.

Each market will have different prices, trade in values, and so on. This is becoming like asking if you have $250,000.00 for a house in Texas, can you get the same house in Seattle, NO!

Dealers do not have a lot of inventory, so why would they give things away, if you do not purchase the truck, someone else will, dealership will not close it's doors if you walk.

As mentioned above, buy it if you like it, don't let us make your buying decision for you, because if it gets away, you can not drive a regret.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

Yikes, these questions will never go away.

Each market will have different prices, trade in values, and so on. This is becoming like asking if you have $250,000.00 for a house in Texas, can you get the same house in Seattle, NO!

Dealers do not have a lot of inventory, so why would they give things away, if you do not purchase the truck, someone else will, dealership will not close it's doors if you walk.

As mentioned above, buy it if you like it, don't let us make your buying decision for you, because if it gets away, you can not drive a regret.

I get your drift. However this is a common topic on every owner forum I’ve participated in. Nobody’s forcing you to participate. I’ve bought 17 cars/SUV's since 2000 so it’s not my first rodeo. This will be my first truck (bucket list item) so thoughtful/helpful input is appreciated. 

Edited by LowCountrySLT

8 minutes ago, LowCountrySLT said:

I get your drift. However this is a common topic on every owner forum I’ve participated in. Nobody’s forcing you to participate. I’ve bought 17 cars/SUV's since 2000 so it’s not my first rodeo. This will be my first truck (bucket list item) so thoughtful/helpful input is appreciated. 

How do you feel about like the deal? Is it completive for your area?

I think there is room for negotiating, will they show the invoice so you can really see what they have offered is a good deal or not? Have you dealt with them in the past?

Edited by JimCost2014

if you cant find another with what you want than its not matter of good or bad it becomes" the only deal"......it depends on what you willing to do...  accept it, wait it out, or buy another at better price sacrificing some options.....

i had same situation happen and chose to sacrifice a few options.....they wanted full MSRP and i wasnt willing to do that....for any vehicle....and its just a truck i can live without a few things, never been super picky on vehicles......do i wish now i paid an extra 8k for few options that probably are worth 2k?...not yet i dont....but if you feel your kick yourself in butt dtl maybe it is a good deal.....or again the only deal.....

seems more trucks have trickled in lately but still there are far more buyers....inventory wont be normal til 2021s.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

How do you feel about like the deal? Is it completive for your area?

I think there is room for negotiating, will they show the invoice so you can really see what they have offered is a good deal or not? Have you dealt with them in the past?

Yeah, I know in my heart of hearts it’s not a good deal. But it’s the only one within 500 miles that’s exactly what I want. And it’s one of only a few 3.0L diesels.  Believe me, I made a detailed offer but they wouldn’t budge.  Five dealers within 100 miles of here. Two offer 5% dealer discount but have no diesels, two don’t seem to be interested in dealer discount or in being competitive. The 5th is unknown. Had a 2011 Yukon Denali in another locale but never dealt with this local dealer. Mostly I’m just venting but $3k is nothing to sneeze at. That buys a tri-fold tonneau and some other mods. And experience tells me that I’ll eventually find the deal I want but will most likely need to compromise on color, options etc. haven’t yet explored the idea of a swap between dealers but supply is somewhat limited. And so on........  the quest shall continue. 

Edited by LowCountrySLT