f88c8e00000d74e44116d8e681c9797d.jpg

My engine air filter in my 2019 Sierra AT4 6.2L has an extra filter on the bottom. My replacement filter does not. Has anyone ever seen this. Is it because it’s an AT4? Do I need to get the same filter?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You bought the wrong filter.  That's the standard filter

84121219_Primary.jpg

Air Filter
Part Number:  A3244C
Product Notes: 
Air Filter
All; HIGH CAPACITY AIR CLEANER(K47); VIN: L, Eng Code: L87, 4 Door, Crew Cab Pickup*; VIN: L, Eng Code: L87, 4 Door, Extended Cab Pickup*

Per Vehicle: 1; Years: 2019-2020

Air Filter
Part Number:  A3246C
Product Notes: 

Air Filter
All; Exc HIGH CAPACITY AIR CLEANER(K47); VIN: L, Eng Code: L87, 4 Door, Crew Cab Pickup*; VIN: L, Eng Code: L87, 4 Door, Extended Cab Pickup*

Per Vehicle: 1; Years: 2019-2020
84121217_Primary.jpg
Edited by elcamino

It's not really the wrong filter if it fits in the air box.

They just make different grades and for vehicle packages. You won't notice a lick of difference between the two filters. I wouldn't even care personally, it filters air and that's all you need it to do.

• Haha 1

K47   Air filter, high-capacity
1 - Included with (BAQ) Enhanced Capability Package, (X31) X31 Off-Road Package or (VYU) Snow Plow Prep Package.
2 - Requires 4WD models. Included with (X31) X31 Off-Road Package or (VYU) Snow Plow Prep Package.
3 - Included and only available with (X31) X31 Off-Road Package.
4 - Included and only available with (X31) X31 Off-Road Package or (VYU) Snow Plow Prep Package.

7 hours ago, PackerChev said:

Is there a performance difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you buy into the less air filter (performance filters e.g. K&N) = more performance, then about +100hp and +10mpg increase.  LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Extra capacity, as in holds more dirt and debris, not as in higher airflow.

At least not more airflow when new.

Maybe more flow remaining when they have collected 'xyz' ounces of dirt/debris.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Grumpy is correct the ECM and associated sensing will counter lots of issues but the physical performance of the fired air pump we call an IC engine will suffer. 

I bought an OReilly's MGA 10941 that is better than standard AC air filter for my 2022 LTD Trail Boss 2.7 Turbo ( L3B).  Turbos need clean air flow to optimize temp control and performance. 

This filter has more pleats than stock AC HD with that ridiculous screen door on a submarine foam pre filter stuck on the end.  

My MPG went up after changing it out at 8271 miles.  I tested its effects with dynamic scanner and oil analysis and it cost me significantly less than AC.  $20 before tax. 

Your 6.2 will appreciate the clean air flow, albeit less important than a boosted 4 popper.  

Enjoy whatever you decide. 

• Like 1

PS a clean, free flowing, well sealed air filter media is THE MOST IMPORTANT part of making our computer controlled engines perform properly and optimized.  Cheap and clean better than most others. 

• Like 1

FYI this is the standard filter for the 2500 and 3500 diesel trucks. I replaced my stocker with an AEM dryflow filter. I was surprised to see the additional material stuck on it. I realized it is part of the "high capacity" filter package on the Z71 option. My buddy has a 3500 diesel so I gave the stock one to him. I didn't see any gain in MPG. Probably negligible performance gain. 

On 8/16/2022 at 7:08 PM, Grumpy Bear said:

Nope. Did when carburetors that used air signal as the fuel signal but not with MAF sensors. 

Flashbacks of having my Webers or a Quadrajet all apart on the bench.  Air correction jets, emulsion tubes, metering rods.  Rebuilding and tuning those things is a lost skill.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1