Bilstein adjustable 5100 for the 3.0 Duramax?

I was looking at getting the Motofab 2.5/2 leveling kit for my 2020 Z71 RST 3.0 Duramax, then I started thinking about getting the Bilstein adjustable shocks.  When looking close at the install spec sheet it says it only yields a 1.5in lift for the 6.2, and the 3.0 Duramax is close in weight.  

Now if I bought the Bilsteins used on for the Trail Boss in theory would give me the 2in on the lowest setting and should give the 2.5in on the second?

Let me know what everyones thoughts are before I order.

When I called Bilstein a couple years ago they had fantastic customer service and they have this massive database that has all the measurements.

It was for my Ranger, it felt like the shock was overextending. He was actually able to tell me that their shock still had another inch of travel at Max true.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

48 minutes ago, topgear1224 said:

When I called Bilstein a couple years ago they had fantastic customer service and they have this massive database that has all the measurements.

It was for my Ranger, it felt like the shock was overextending. He was actually able to tell me that their shock still had another inch of travel at Max true.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

So I did reach out to Bilstein and explain what I was looking for and they just basically said they weren’t sure if it would work or not. 

Check with Eibach. They are cheaper and most of the guys who run their ride height adjustable fronts are very happy with them. 

I’m always amazed at how dense Bilstein is. “Do they work on a truck 100# heavier?” ...”derrr... we don’t know.” ???‍♂️

It was the same thing when we were all waiting the nearly two years it took them to even release the 5100 for the T1 trucks. 

12 minutes ago, econometrics said:

Check with Eibach. They are cheaper and most of the guys who run their ride height adjustable fronts are very happy with them. 

I’m always amazed at how dense Bilstein is. “Do they work on a truck 100# heavier?” ...”derrr... we don’t know.” ???‍♂️

It was the same thing when we were all waiting the nearly two years it took them to even release the 5100 for the T1 trucks. 

Yeah I’ve also been looking at them it seems most of the guys here that I saw were running the coil by them also. 

I installed the Bilstein 5100's a couple weeks ago on my 2020 LT 3.0L and used the 2nd hole and I'm exactly 2" higher, looked like I could of done 2 1/2" but 2" made it level. 

On 8/25/2020 at 10:27 PM, bobbobtar said:

I installed the Bilstein 5100's a couple weeks ago on my 2020 LT 3.0L and used the 2nd hole and I'm exactly 2" higher, looked like I could of done 2 1/2" but 2" made it level. 

Which part # did you go with? The 5100s for the Trailboss or reg?

So the top is for regular models and the bottom are for trailboss models I’m assuming? Really not much of a difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Really interesting that the TB struts arent much longer. I wonder if the spring is preloaded more in the factory TB strut to get some of the lift

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk