So I saw all the YouTube videos on this and how nearly every install was the same, cut off muffler and flapper and slide pipe on. Well I got the pipe the other day, the the muffler off at about the size of the pipe. Go to slide the pipe into the rear pipe and way too big and sloppy for that pipe. Hmmm so go to try and slide it on to the other end and that doesn’t fit and the AFE pipe on that end is too small. So logically I just turn the AFE pipe around thinking maybe one side is a touch bigger.  Wrong! Pipe diameter is the same on both sides.

so as anyone else installed this muffler delete pipe and ran into the same issue? I put in a service ticket with AFE, I’m hoping they just send me a new pipe and this one just was a fluke. 

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if a muffler delete voids the warranty? I don't expect it does but I didn't know if anything had changed since they started pushing the GMPP systems so hard. I had a GMPP system on my last truck but I'm leaning toward a muffler replacement or deletion this time around. 

• 4 weeks later...

Major stress here people. any help would be appreciated. 

I installed the AFE to my beautiful blacked out 2020 Z71 with the 6.0 yesterday and had the same issue with the pipe being too big on one end. I ended up cutting more slots at the end and it worked great but I had an exhaust leak today. Well, I now have a much bigger issue though and I hope it’s not related. 

I drove the truck about 60 miles today. I was going to drive to town and get it welded but I never made it there. All of a sudden the truck was throwing codes and running horribly. For some reason the engine light started blinking as well as the brake warning lights,  then the truck stalled a few times on me while throwing codes.  

The codes thrown were P0304 -cylinder 4 misfire, P25A2 - DTC definition not found and P0106 - manifold absolute pressure.  

Could these be related? 

I guess I’ll find out if the warranty is still good on my new truck with only 700 miles on it by Monday. 

Has anyone had similar issues? I’m totally stressed here. 

14 hours ago, Skettime said:

I installed the AFE to my beautiful blacked out 2020 Z71 with the 6.0 yesterday and had the same issue with the pipe being too big on one end. I ended up cutting more slots at the end and it worked great but I had an exhaust leak today. Well, I now have a much bigger issue though and I hope it’s not related. 

I drove the truck about 60 miles today. I was going to drive to town and get it welded but I never made it there. All of a sudden the truck was throwing codes and running horribly. For some reason the engine light started blinking as well as the brake warning lights,  then the truck stalled a few times on me while throwing codes.  

The codes thrown were P0304 -cylinder 4 misfire, P25A2 - DTC definition not found and P0106 - manifold absolute pressure.  

Could these be related? 

I guess I’ll find out if the warranty is still good on my new truck with only 700 miles on it by Monday. 

Sounds like valve spring.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2020 at 11:45 PM, Skettime said:

Could these be related? 

Broken valve spring for sure. Don't drive it, call th dealership and have them tow it.

have a 5.3 and did the afe pipe yesterday...look me 20 min...i found that the clamps had to be in the right place as to compress the slotted ends...ill check it in a few days to make sure nothing loosened up.

I did mine Saturday night. The pipe fit fine. The clamps on the other hand sucked and I couldn’t get them to work so I bought some wider band clamps at Napa and used.

What are your thoughts? It definitely has a nice rumble and is throaty. When you hit the gas it’s pretty aggressive [emoji16]

Ryan B.

Maybe I’ve been blessed by have the same exhaust guy for 40 years. My muffler delete on my 14 cost 40$ installed by him. I did one complete dual side exhaust on a 68 impala at 18 years old. All bolt on. After that I went to benders. Even for headers. Some things just aren’t worth it, pay a professional. I’m sure today’s exhaust is easier to deal with. But the heat cycles on exhaust make wrenching bolts fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well my son got in my truck today I started it up and he got a huge smile and was like dad what did you do (he is 10). In forget the words he said but basically he likes it [emoji16].

Ryan B.

On 10/8/2020 at 11:28 AM, RyanbabZ71 said:

I did mine Saturday night. The pipe fit fine. The clamps on the other hand sucked and I couldn’t get them to work so I bought some wider band clamps at Napa and used.

What are your thoughts? It definitely has a nice rumble and is throaty. When you hit the gas it’s pretty aggressive emoji16.png

Ryan B.

honestly i love it...its def throaty, and a lot more aggressive then i anticipated.