Disappointed in towing performance

Also keep in mind.. how many times a year are you going up the mountain ? I will go once or twice a year..

The other 361 days a year, the truck will be parked, or towing flat ground .. no need to get all crazy and trade your truck in and loose thousands of dollars just for that 1 day a year you, and your buddies race up the IKE ... 

9 minutes ago, Troy Schultz said:

Also keep in mind.. how many times a year are you going up the mountain ? I will go once or twice a year..

The other 361 days a year, the truck will be parked, or towing flat ground .. no need to get all crazy and trade your truck in and loose thousands of dollars just for that 1 day a year you, and your buddies race up the IKE ... 

I know!! I just need to talk myself into that. I freaking LOVE the truck other than this one thing. I need to get over it. I'm just all up in arms right now. I'm sure it will fade. 

When I was comparing trucks, I was looking at a Ford 7.3 10 spd combo or the Chevy diesel I ended up with.  The Ford was noticeably more powerful than the GM gas truck, it is always in the right gear.  Yes, I got my engineering degree from the back of a matchbook, but GM absolutely should have the 10 speed behind the gas engine.  It would solve all these complaints immediately.  Guessing it's actually the bean counters that made that decision.  Surely it's got to come along soon.  

Edited by XY74

It does compete, thats why its selling so well. G.M. has always marketed products in a measured way adding features each year to keep some freshness to a redesign. I would bet 2022 will get 10 sp. and gearset options. Depending on competition they may then introduce a big block gas option.  I guess we will all have to stay tuned. 

You won’t see rear gear options from GM.  GM seems to think 1 size fits all, it’s been this way for quite some time.  To be fair, most people don’t know the difference.

Be nice to see some kind of upgrade for 2022.  I’m not sure when I’m going to be ready to pull the trigger, but diesel will force me into the used market.

Everyone doing ANY towing should seriously consider doing the 6L90 Thermal Bypass mod. Super simple and there is even a kit if you don’t want to tap and plug your thermostat housing. Made by Superior Transmission Parts Inc - part #STL010. Take a look at the post on this forum: “6L80E thermostat delete sure-cool cooler kit”.