Engine Hour screen on DIC

MTY55

I've been through the owners manual, Through all the settings on the DIC setup. I'm trying to eliminate the engine hours screen thats the first thing that pops up when I get into my truck. I'd be happy with the GMC logo greeting me ,or even a blank page with the mileage. Has anyone figured out how to change this.

IMG_20200911_075453.jpg

Edited by MTY55
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chadman said:

Go over to settings, then info page options.  From here, you can deselect engine hours. Hope this is what you were looking for.

That didn't work either. Mine were deselected. Still,  every time I open the door engine hours are displayed as pictured above.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steelcity said:

That didn't work either. Mine were deselected. Still,  every time I open the door engine hours are displayed as pictured above.

Looked there and my was unchecked too.

1 hour ago, OnTheReel said:

I think it’s a 2020+ thing. My 19 doesn’t either.

Yeah, 2019’s don’t. I wish mine did. A lot of my engine hours are idling. 

I’m also perplexed by this. It had the little arrow on the bottom corner of mine, but I’ve yet to find a way to advance the screen using any control. 

Does it go away as soon as the truck goes to ACC or ON ? 

Does it do it if the remote start is used so truck is already running before door is opened?

Lots of vehicles will display the odometer when the door is opened and ignition OFF. 

If it reverts to operator desired screen when electrical goes to ACC or ON, I guess I don't see the harm. 

Yeah, 2019’s don’t. I wish mine did. A lot of my engine hours are idling. 

I’m also perplexed by this. It had the little arrow on the bottom corner of mine, but I’ve yet to find a way to advance the screen using any control. 

I have a 2019 Sierra SLT. It has an engine hours screen that pops up every time I start the truck.

The engine hours and idle hours displays on my 2020 LT when the door is opened, as soon as you shut the door it goes out and a nice bow tie emblem greets you. I really don't understand what is so annoying about it.