Hi folks, first time Silverado owner here (2020 Silverado LT Trailboss 6.2).  Owned many K5s in the day but never the pickup.  It seems that everyone is sold out of this CAI and after searching, seems like the best bang for the buck.  Know it's a long shot but had to ask.

Rob 

7 hours ago, Steve-2019 said:

Yes, multiple posts here on this subject.  (Been on backorder for about 6 months.)

Damn... I know everything has been down for a bit.  Wanted a long bed and ended up short because I insisted on the 6.2.  I know there's not a lot of HP gain out of them but want a bit more volume and doing a quality catback isn't in the cards right now

Guess I shall wait it out.  They said I can place the order and they won't charge me until it ships

Edited by Rob Mugs

8 hours ago, Rob Mugs said:

Damn... I know everything has been down for a bit.  Wanted a long bed and ended up short because I insisted on the 6.2.  I know there's not a lot of HP gain out of them but want a bit more volume and doing a quality catback isn't in the cards right now

Guess I shall wait it out.  They said I can place the order and they won't charge me until it ships

I’d call S&B and ask them how long. They have really great customer service. I waited 2 months for mine. I like it but it’s HUGE. My 2018 had more of the stock GM CAI look to it. The price is great on it. Around $120 less than GMs or Rotofab. 

On 9/18/2020 at 7:20 AM, TNTSilverado said:

I’d call S&B and ask them how long. They have really great customer service. I waited 2 months for mine. I like it but it’s HUGE. My 2018 had more of the stock GM CAI look to it. The price is great on it. Around $120 less than GMs or Rotofab. 

I email them and got a non-answer kind of answer. It's not really that hard.  Daily Manufacturing capacity divided into outstanding orders = number of days to make existing orders. Guess that's too much math for some.

Robin (S&B Filters)

Sep 24, 2020, 2:00 PM PDT

Hello,

We have had a huge increase in demand that is causing longer than normal shipping times. We have increased our capacity and are running some of our machines 24/7 to eliminate the backorders as quickly as possible. I do not have an exact eta at this time but we are shipping as fast as we can.

Thank you in advance for your understanding and support.

Robin Lyons

Breathe easy. Your engine and warranty are protected.

1 hour ago, polarys425 said:

I email them and got a non-answer kind of answer. It's not really that hard.  Daily Manufacturing capacity divided into outstanding orders = number of days to make existing orders. Guess that's too much math for some.

Robin (S&B Filters)

Sep 24, 2020, 2:00 PM PDT

Hello,

We have had a huge increase in demand that is causing longer than normal shipping times. We have increased our capacity and are running some of our machines 24/7 to eliminate the backorders as quickly as possible. I do not have an exact eta at this time but we are shipping as fast as we can.

Thank you in advance for your understanding and support.

Robin Lyons

Breathe easy. Your engine and warranty are protected.

I called them and got a similar response other than the fact they will not bill me until it ships.  I am OK with that.  I deal with companies handling the Rona and it's long-term effects all day.  Willing to cut em some slack

7 minutes ago, Rob Mugs said:

I called them and got a similar response other than the fact they will not bill me until it ships.  I am OK with that.  I deal with companies handling the Rona and it's long-term effects all day.  Willing to cut em some slack

I'm being easy on them, really I am. It's just not great customer service to not be able to give some sort of a lead time. I for one hate ordering something when I have zero idea when it might ship. It's simply not that hard to have some idea if you know daily capacity and outstanding orders.

I'll probably talk myself into to ordering anyway at some point. But it would be nice to have a clue.

Best case would be under promise/over deliver. Tell me 6 weeks and deliver in 4 for example.

Edited by polarys425

They may tell you 6 weeks and it may end up being 12.. then you may come on here saying something along the lines of them telling lies and they told me this and that and all that non sense.

They can not give you a time frame because they can not tell the future. Personally, I would rather not have a timeframe as I would hold them to that “6 week” time and would be bugged if they missed it. 

22 hours ago, sharkeysierra said:

They may tell you 6 weeks and it may end up being 12.. then you may come on here saying something along the lines of them telling lies and they told me this and that and all that non sense.

They can not give you a time frame because they can not tell the future. Personally, I would rather not have a timeframe as I would hold them to that “6 week” time and would be bugged if they missed it. 

I'm guessing you don't work in manufacturing.  Timelines for backorders aren't difficult and doesn't require predicting the future. If you know how many you can make In a day, and how many outstanding orders you have, then you know how long it will take to fill those orders. 

No psychics are needed.

Edited by polarys425

1 hour ago, polarys425 said:

I'm guessing you don't work in manufacturing.  Timelines for backorders aren't difficult and doesn't require predicting the future. If you know how many you can make In a day, and how many outstanding orders you have, then you know how long it will take to fill those orders. 

No psychics are needed.

Funny you mention that, I do.. 

You can not predict a machine going down, someone getting sick or having a family emergency, getting Covid and having to shelter, half of the crew getting quarantined due to possible exposure, supplies low and on backorder etc..

While you are correct, in a perfect environment it is not psychics.

You have to expect the unexpected and that’s not difficult to understand in today’s world.