New Member -- 2500HD WT Question

I am a new member to the board. I searched for this topic, but I couldn't find the help I am looking for.

I am interested in getting a new truck in the spring.  I would like to get a diesel but the cost of the new ones is so high I am debating just getting a WT.  From what I have looked at they have plenty of "bells and whistles" that WT of the past didn't have (power windows, door locks, cruise, rear camera).  I also like the thought of vinyl floors for keeping it clean with a couple of kids.  

My question is really about comfort.  Can anyone tell me if the suspension is the same as the higher end models?  How about the seats, I know they are vinyl and don't have as much adjustment but I was hoping to get some feedback from a real person who has had one.

I will be using this truck every day on a 1-1/2 hour round trip commute as well as pulling an RV most weekends during the summer.

Thanks for any help.

I'm driving a 2021 gmc 2500 wt with gas.  The suspensions are same between wt and high end if the tire and wheel and suspension packages are the same.  The seats are cloth and I don't have an issue with them.  I have been on a couple 1000 mile trips and didn't have an issue with seats.  The biggest issue I have with wt is the acoustics are not as good.  No rear wheel liners, thinner dash mats, no rear cab acoustics over prvs.  The trucks are just louder in cabin.  For 2021, they added storage in center console which was a problem with the 2020s.  I would recommend to spend the money and upgrade to 18"tire package.  

#iworkforGM 

I have a gmc w/t duramax 4x4 I specifically bought so I didn’t spend $80k on a denali and have no money left over to make it how I wanted.

So far I’ve:

leveled

20’s wrapped in 35’s

color matched everything 

Katzkin leather (my last 5 gm trucks have had factory leather which I find to be very low quality compared to Katzkin - bolsters wrinkle prematurely)

retrax pro mx cover

tint

i really didn’t see myself needing most things offered on an upper trim.

Edited by swaptrex14

Experience tells me that it's cheaper in the long run to buy the truck with the options you want than it is to tack them on later. There's also only one monthly payment to make.

I'd go to an LT/SLE with how much time you'd be spending in the truck daily.  18 or 20 inch wheel/tire package too that way you get the highest possible payload rating which will come in handy with your trailer and all the gear/people you will carry.  Power seat will come in handy as the hood height is much higher than all the previous trucks.    

Edited by newdude

You might want to look into an LT trim with some upgrades.  I just purchased an LT with Z71, All-Star Package, Convenience II package.  Their truck has a ton of great features!!!  I went with the gas also.  MSRP was $55,850.  Went through Costco and got the factory/Costco discount of $3,500 plus dealer came off $3,500 also which is sort of unheard of right now.  All in all, I am very happy with a truck in the upper 40's.  A lot of truck for the money.  Had to drive 4 hours, but it was well worth it!

57C5454A-4C16-4B8A-A4D1-5BC5AD241F90.jpeg

• Like 1

On 10/29/2020 at 12:37 AM, gearheadesw said:

For me, the WT just didn't have the creature comforts that I like. Steering wheel radio adjustments, xm radio, softer, quieter interior. Just me.....

The 21's have the steering wheel audio controls and xm as an option.

I should be getting my 21 3500 wt duramax dually in december.  I am also a costco member so with rebates it should be around 50 ish.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I love my 2020 2500HD WT - 42k out the door and then I added what I wanted.  For me just the opposite of above I prefer my truck to come without all the BS I don't need and add what I want to make it 100% mine.  Plus from a tax standpoint my local tax each year is based on what I paid not on what it is actually worth now.  Also 42k I was able to pay all cash.

IMG_3042.JPG

• Like 1

85CC4213-C70E-4896-A1B7-1211CC1C69DA.thumb.jpeg.9cb9759f21e709e62ec9fa83279c1706.jpegTwo months ago i purchased a 2020 3500 HD 4x4 diesel, i really like the simplicity of the WT, it does have the convince package, special tow mirrors and factory gooseneck hitch. I tow a 10k horse trailer 4-5 days a week plus a long haul monthly. The vinyl seats are decent and comfortable giving me reasonable seat time. The non opening ctr console is stupid and i plan to replace it. 

Edited by Bigwalker
Add photo

11 hours ago, CT Chevy Connoisseur said:

I love my 2020 2500HD WT - 42k out the door and then I added what I wanted.  For me just the opposite of above I prefer my truck to come without all the BS I don't need and add what I want to make it 100% mine.  Plus from a tax standpoint my local tax each year is based on what I paid not on what it is actually worth now.  Also 42k I was able to pay all cash.

IMG_3042.JPG

Good looking truck there.