Hey all, I spoke briefly with a guy at a local performance shop here re trying to unlock more power without breaking the bank. I already have an intake and programmer. I did the muffler delete. I’m honestly not too interested in upgrading the exhaust. Unless I can find one that’s super smooth sounding(doesn’t sound like a tractor). 

anyways...he mentioned that I could swap out my gears... does that make any sense? Would it make a noticeable difference? If so, how much would something like this cause and what would a good ratio for city/highway driving?

thx in advance 

Hey all, I spoke briefly with a guy at a local performance shop here re trying to unlock more power without breaking the bank. I already have an intake and programmer. I did the muffler delete. I’m honestly not too interested in upgrading the exhaust. Unless I can find one that’s super smooth sounding(doesn’t sound like a tractor). 

anyways...he mentioned that I could swap out my gears... does that make any sense? Would it make a noticeable difference? If so, how much would something like this cause and what would a good ratio for city/highway driving?

thx in advance 
What type of truck.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

have the tuner reprogram the transmission.  stock is horrible. I have zero engine performance parts, but am slowly tuning the A6 trans , and i swear it feels like i added 15hp by reducing slip, tcc poins, TM, an cooling to 135 F

gears are great for towing and off the line hole shots and shitty MPG. stock is 3.42, which sux for running 35" tires, but in stock trim its great  for city and highway MPG, and top speeds with stock diameter tires

Edited by flyingfool