Recent 2020 Sierra blown engine (6.2 valve springs), need advice. 2019-2021 6.2L — How many of you are loving your truck?

GMCnoob

2 hours ago, Troger said:

Yea first time.  Live and learn.  The lifter sound may be normal not sure but I can't believe these leave the factory without at least a visual inspection.  I had the bed centered but the service dept didn't think it could be leveled with the body lines of the cab.

139688616_3757776214245741_7013507888085748761_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=iuM6ecEnO6oAX9qqWen&_nc_ht=scontent.fagc1-2.fna&oh=7fadcfe6673216ecd9d962183c2e3704&oe=6029C45D

That’s about where mine is on the drivers side. Not as bad but really close. Idk if anything can be done because my passenger side is spot on. It’s perfect. Can’t believe on mine one is off and other is on. Weird. 
if someone finds a remedy let me know please. It goes in for an oil change here in about 2 weeks. Maybe I’ll ask them about it then. How much someone wanna beat they say, “it’s normal” or “ nothing can be done “. ??

Edited by TNTSilverado

1 hour ago, Troger said:

Any idea if anything can be done to fix this?

Had mine at a couple of different body shops. Two of them told me it is the way the sides are attached to the front of the box. They showed me where left and right are attached at the top of the box and both are completely different. One side is attached higher than the other side. Said the box isn't square.

They all said sorry but nothing we can do about it. Shims, spacers, nothing would help they said. It's just the way the box was built. I'm pissed but living with it. 

One consolation though, almost every other new truck on the lot has this issue

Edited by steelcity
  • Thanks 2

Well that wasn’t wise to buy it that way. We live and learn. It’s under warranty.  See if they can align it properly for you at their collision center. 

I’d never buy a truck sight unseen!  I didn’t even buy my boat sight unseen. I drove 14 hours to look at it and then purchased it after looking it over. Salesman couldn’t believe I drove that far for it. 
I bought my truck sight unseen, and I don't regret it. I want even able to test drive a truck. Nothing available on the lot last summer. They had 1 6.2 Silverado on the lot, but it had been delivered that day, still had the plastic wrap on it, and allegedly had a recall so I wasn't allowed to drive it. Is everything perfect? No. I manned up and took care of it, and I'm still taking care of it. I think I'll add wireless phone charging in February.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Had mine at a couple of different body shops. Two of them told me it is the way the sides are attached to the front of the box. They showed me where left and right are attached at the top of the box and both are completely different. One side is attached higher than the other side. Said the box isn't square.
They all said sorry but nothing we can do about it. Shims, spacers, nothing would help they said. It's just the way the box was built. I'm pissed but living with it. 
One consolation though, almost every other new truck on the lot has this issue
F'n robots! What has the world come to when we can't trust robots to build our stuff perfectly? I mean, WTF! /sarcasm What we really have here is a business in America understanding the term "satisficing" to its fullest intent. At the end of the day, my tonneau cover fits and keeps the water out. Otherwise, I don't care. It's such a small variance that it doesn't matter unless you were looking for a show truck. I'd even wager that the other 4 truck manufacturers have a similar issue. Should we pull out the tape measures and check, or do we prefer laser measuring?

23 minutes ago, Transient said:

I bought my truck sight unseen, and I don't regret it. I want even able to test drive a truck. Nothing available on the lot last summer. They had 1 6.2 Silverado on the lot, but it had been delivered that day, still had the plastic wrap on it, and allegedly had a recall so I wasn't allowed to drive it. Is everything perfect? No. I manned up and took care of it, and I'm still taking care of it. I think I'll add wireless phone charging in February.

Glad you did (I couldn’t have) and good job manning up ??

Not my preference. Never has been and never will be. To each their own. 

As for the box not being able to get fixed. It doesn’t surprise me one bit. Owe well, I’ll live with it. It isn’t that noticeable on mine until you look into the mirror. Then it’s bad!!!  

Glad you did (I couldn’t have) and good job manning up [emoji109][emoji109]
Not my preference. Never has been and never will be. To each their own. 

As for the box not being able to get fixed. It doesn’t surprise me one bit. Owe well, I’ll live with it. It isn’t that noticeable on mine until you look into the mirror. Then it’s bad!!!  
I don't see it in the mirrors, and my mirrors are so big that you might as well call my truck Dumbo. I have the tow mirrors.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, TNTSilverado said:

That’s about where mine is on the drivers side. Not as bad but really close. Idk if anything can be done because my passenger side is spot on. It’s perfect. Can’t believe on mine one is off and other is on. Weird. 
if someone finds a remedy let me know please. It goes in for an oil change here in about 2 weeks. Maybe I’ll ask them about it then. How much someone wanna beat they say, “it’s normal” or “ nothing can be done “. ??

Yea regarding up and down mine is really close on the passenger side but off quite a bit on the drivers side as well.  When I had the TSB done to correct the left to right, the I noticed the bed is now centered but it is not quite as wide as the cab overall.

1 hour ago, Troger said:

Found this TSB regarding bed alignment and it may help some here.  I haven't taken it to the service dept yet.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10181703-9999.pdf

Mine as well. Thank you very much. When it goes in for oil change I’m slapping this on their desk. Much appreciated. 

W0W. Old classic Chevys are worth less if the body panels line up. They wouldn’t be original. Expecting perfect lined up body panels on GM products, laughable. Fords and Ram too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Confused 1