My New Ride...

Broke down and traded my 2020 2500 LT gasser for this beast, LTZ Carhartt with diesel.   Lost about $1500 on the trade.

Went from red to black.   

Long story short.   Crappy lights on the LT.  Even changing out the halogens to LED bulbs didn't help much.   I can't see very good at night so need good lights.

I like the red one but love this Carhartt edition.   Should have just got the diesel when I bought the red one.

carhart l (2).jpg

carhartt front (2).jpg

carhartt r (2).jpg

carhartt leather.jpg

2500 (2).jpg

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, fly53usmc said:

Broke down and traded my 2020 2500 LT gasser for this beast, LTZ Carhartt with diesel.   Lost about $1500 on the trade.

Went from red to black.   

Long story short.   Crappy lights on the LT.  Even changing out the halogens to LED bulbs didn't help much.   I can't see very good at night so need good lights.

I like the red one but love this Carhartt edition.   Should have just got the diesel when I bought the red one.

carhart l (2).jpg

carhartt front (2).jpg

carhartt r (2).jpg

carhartt leather.jpg

2500 (2).jpg

Beautiful truck!  BTW factory LEDs are marginal at best.  Maybe it's may eyes but my '06 with reflector beams was like a beacon compared to my '15 with projectors.  The projectors on my '15 seem to have been better on high beam than the LEDs on my '20.  Maybe I'm just getting old!

Sharp! I see you kept your wheels and tires. Smart move! Dealers don't offer more more special rims, tires, lift kits, bed covers, etc. Many people are surprised when they're $4000 kit don't get them any extra at trade-in time. Kind of like a deleted truck, except the dealer will still take it on trade! LOL!

Keep us posted on your thoughts about it.

Hello Rob Eagle.   I like it ALOT.  Not sure why.   But I am enjoying this pickup leaps and bounds more than the gasser.

Could be because of the power the Duramax gives out or the MUCH better headlights, or maybe all the extra cool stuff that is on it even though my gasser had some real nice options including leather.  

I think it was a very good choice to upgrade.  Now I know I will have what ever power I need in the future to upgrade to what ever size travel trailer I want, which is in our future once I retire in about 4 years.

Thanks all.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, fly53usmc said:

Went from red to black.   

carhart l (2).jpg

carhartt front (2).jpg

carhartt r (2).jpg

i like your pinstripe!

Mr. Chips.   Tires are Yokohama Geolander  M/T  G003  295/65/20 on Fuel Blitz.   Don't remember the offset.   They do rub on the drivers side on front.    Havn't gotten around to taking care of that yet.  

Dunn:  They gave me around 47000 for my trade.  I paid around 49000 for it.  I kept my wheels and tires, as u can see they are on my black truck, as well as my tool box and nerf bars.    Will be selling the nerf bars and maybe the tool box so I included that in the savings.