Galaxy Note 20 Ultra & Infotainment System

My Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra will connect, disconnect, connect, disconnect, and connect several times when I first get in the truck. It only does this in my '20 T1, but not in my '20 Equinox.

Anyone else have this issue with their Android phone? It;s really annoying as sometimes it will not let me use Bluetooth unless I turn it off and back on on the phone. I've got a few Tasker profiles that run when the Bluetooth is connect to my truck and when it disconnects. 

5 hours ago, mjonesjr84 said:

My Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra will connect, disconnect, connect, disconnect, and connect several times when I first get in the truck. It only does this in my '20 T1, but not in my '20 Equinox.

Anyone else have this issue with their Android phone? It;s really annoying as sometimes it will not let me use Bluetooth unless I turn it off and back on on the phone. I've got a few Tasker profiles that run when the Bluetooth is connect to my truck and when it disconnects. 

No, but I'm using a '21 Denali. 

ETA... My wife's note 20u doesn't either.

Edited by gemarsh

8 hours ago, gemarsh said:

No, but I'm using a '21 Denali. 

ETA... My wife's note 20u doesn't either.

Interesting. I haven't gotten the most recent updated yet in my truck. I may have the dealer flash it at the next oil change if I haven't gotten it yet. My infotainment system is still showing an April 9, 2020 build of the OS. 

The 21's had some kind of issue with connecting to wifi, to download apps, configure users, etc. Had to go to dealer to update some module. All is well now.

My system is showing March 2020 for the OS.

On 2/9/2021 at 8:51 AM, It's Tim said:

Please don't play with your phone while driving, thank you.

Really,  Ken? Neither the OP's post nor the follow up post mention anything about being in gear while trouble shooting the issue. Quit trolling.

@mjonesjr84 I have a  Note 9 and 21 Trail Boss. Haven't experienced that issue. Sorry can't be of more help.

I have a 2020 Elevation and mine is doing the same after the most recent android auto app update.  Mine worked flawlessly prior. I am not sure what to do.  I may try to delete the app, then reinstall a previous version of the android auto app (Nov/Dec 2020 version). I'm kinda pissed because I used mine all of the time.

7 hours ago, Kchampagne said:

I have a 2020 Elevation and mine is doing the same after the most recent android auto app update.  Mine worked flawlessly prior. I am not sure what to do.  I may try to delete the app, then reinstall a previous version of the android auto app (Nov/Dec 2020 version). I'm kinda pissed because I used mine all of the time.

It is just weird that it only does it in my '20 Silverado and not my '20 Equinox. I haven't used Android Auto in this truck yet and I've factory reset my phone, but it still does it.

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Ryan Raines said:

This same issue just started with mine. 

'21 1500 AT4 5.3 10spd
Note 20 Ultra

Everyone should report these issues here.  Maybe Android will get off of their a$$ and fix the software problem. So frustrated.  https://support.google.com/androidauto/community?hl=en

6 hours ago, Ryan Raines said:

This same issue just started with mine. 

'21 1500 AT4 5.3 10spd
Note 20 Ultra

Interesting.....

6 hours ago, Kchampagne said:

Everyone should report these issues here.  Maybe Android will get off of their a$$ and fix the software problem. So frustrated.  https://support.google.com/androidauto/community?hl=en

It isn't an Android issue, it is a software issue in the Silverado. My phone does NOT do this in my '20 Equinox or my '16 Colorado.

On 2/26/2021 at 7:23 AM, mjonesjr84 said:

Interesting.....

It isn't an Android issue, it is a software issue in the Silverado. My phone does NOT do this in my '20 Equinox or my '16 Colorado.

Try placing the Note 20 into SAFE MODE and then try connecting via Bluetooth and sees what happens. Safe Mode will cut down on the number of Apps running in the background.

Not sure how well-versed you are but would be interested in seeing a logcat when this is happening.  You can download a free GUI based version in the Play Store

4 hours ago, Rocz3cqg said:

Try placing the Note 20 into SAFE MODE and then try connecting via Bluetooth and sees what happens. Safe Mode will cut down on the number of Apps running in the background.

I can't really tell if it does it in Safe Mode because I had to manually connect to the Bluetooth. It wouldn't auto connect.

24 minutes ago, Rob Mugs said:

Not sure how well-versed you are but would be interested in seeing a logcat when this is happening.  You can download a free GUI based version in the Play Store

I'll have to look for that and see if I can get one.

Edited by mjonesjr84