Looking for tint pictures

• 1 month later...

My 2021 rear door windows metered at 22% the other day when I picked it up from the dealer and took it to the detail shop. 

I went with 20% on the front, and 50% on the rear, which should meter at about 11%.  Also did 20% on the sunroof which will meter about 5-7%. 

We travel with our dogs a lot - getting the heat rejection on all windows was the goal and the ceramic tint will do just that. 

Does anyone know what the factory tint is by chance?  

The deep tinted factory glass is 35, but looks darker because it is homogenous throughout the glass. I have found that 20% does match factory looking from the outside, however 20% is darker side by side from the inside. Many tint shops don't stock these, but 25 and 30 both match closely from in and outside the vehicle. That said I always put 15 on the front 2, tint the back to 5(not with 5), and the front strip I use actual 5%. This is illegal in GA but it's hot and it is acceptable most of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Factory glass is not 35%. The only thing that comes close to that is some new Kia and Honda SUVs. They measure around 30%. GM glass will measure between 17-22 with a margin or error of 3% on the meter. The closest I’ve ever seen to a perfect match is Express Classic Black 20%. It’s a dyed film that’s very close in VLT and color.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I just got the truck and my tint shop said that it was 20%. I told him I want to go to 15% fronts and to make the back and sunroof match and windshield 70%.  I will post some pictures near the end of the month when it is all completed.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2021 at 4:06 PM, tortiseshell said:

So I'm currently considering tinting my driver and passenger side windows to match the rear windows..

So here's my question... how long does tinting last before it starts to change?  I know a bunch of things can influence this, but let's say install is flawless and highly rated material is used.  Care and maintenance is proper.  What is a reasonable lifespan?  If it's re-done, how does that affect cost to reapply it years down the road?

Thanks much!

If you buy tint from walmart about 6 months.  If you get a solid ceramic tint from a professional the life of the truck.  For reapplication the removal is the expensive part sometimes costing more than the initial cost depending on the skills of the shop you go to.  Low skilled shops are not as efficient at removal so they will charge INSANE prices.  

On 4/24/2021 at 11:44 AM, wade_660 said:

Factory glass is not 35%. The only thing that comes close to that is some new Kia and Honda SUVs. They measure around 30%. GM glass will measure between 17-22 with a margin or error of 3% on the meter. The closest I’ve ever seen to a perfect match is Express Classic Black 20%. It’s a dyed film that’s very close in VLT and color.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

According to the printing on the windows the following is fact. 

Factory fronts 70% VLT

Factory rears 20% VLT

Factory sunroof 18% VLT

I got the following put on the windows

20% fronts

35% rears

70% windshield

Either the 20 or 35 on the sunroof

I ended up with

14% front 

7% rears 

3.8% sunroof

If I ever have another vehicle with a sunroof I want it darker than this. 

CDD5B842-86B1-4F1F-B9DC-B863F659032F.jpeg

4581AE27-440D-444A-B99A-6D8FB92CEF95.jpeg

8AD83DE8-015B-4E7E-8711-F01285202268.jpeg

E4C5C6FD-7AF5-457E-B71E-9618908E3F77.jpeg