F-150 Rust

With reports popping up left and right about rust issues with the newly redesigned F-150s, made me wonder if any of you are getting any surface rust underneath your pickup. I remember my 2004, 2015, 2016 Silverado’s/Sierras all had surface rust, mainly on the steel frame, so nothing really to worry about. My 2020 seems to be holding up much better. 

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/amp35726969/2021-ford-f-150-pickups-rust-reported/

There was an article in some of the newspapers that Ford made several hundred trucks 2021s and parked them at the airport in Detroit. These trucks were brand new but needed updated software. Ford decided to get a jump on production before all of their testing was done. So these trucks were built and parked till they got around to updating them. I'm sure they were not stored in the most hospitable place either. Which probably is leading to the rust issue.

They still make the F-150?  Anyway what year because I can't tell the difference in their new one vs the current.  I thought GM was the quintessential  boring same ol, same ol, crease here, flare there?  

• Haha 3

I think i seen this guy's video on youtube, is it the guy talking about surface rust on the rear differential, exhaust hangers and parts, non stainless i might add. If you want it to look factory fresh it requires some effort and of course cash. He also lives in a rust belt state but sorry imo you are beyond nit picking if you complain about exhaust hangers showing signs of rust. It's called fluid film, and also a lot of elbow grease and time to keep things clean, either do it or stop complaining about something that is well out of fords or any manufactures control.

He’s nitpicking for sure. But to be fair, after 3 winters in salt my diff and exhaust hangers don’t even look like that. And I’ve never painted or undercoated them. I’d probably be a little annoyed too. 

370519B1-9CC4-4F34-8860-D4DED146D3B5.thumb.jpeg.691ca3ace196017b22855d074a32d7c1.jpeg

• Like 2

It’s a Ford. Go figure!  Let it rust. Never been a fan and never will be. Too many on the wife’s side that think they are superior trucks in every way.  I haven’t seen it yet. Never been impressed. 

1 hour ago, L87Powered said:

It's on the the rear axle. I heard the early launch vehicles didn't get any anti- corrosive coating on them as they were in a hurry to release.

I read that too.. Still embarrassing.