fifth wheel hitch

7 minutes ago, RugbyRef said:

Andersen Ultimate hitch...Andersen Ultimate

I've used for the past 6 years with no issues.

Second this!  I find the Anderson hitch much easier to use than traditional.  My truck didn't come with the puck system, so I had Chevy install the gooseneck hitch and bought the gooseneck version of the Anderson hitch.  This avoided installing rails in the bed to keep it clean when I have the hitch out.  It also moves the hitch point back just a bit which helps with turning in the standard bed.

Here's a link to the curt hitch.  Since it's sold by Chevy accessories they have a standard labor rate of $200 for install.

https://accessories.chevrolet.com/product/trailering/325k-gooseneck-hitch-with-under-bed-brackets-and-hardware-by-curt™-group-associated-accessories-19419344?year=2020&make=Chevrolet&model=Silverado 2500 HD&modelId=494&body=Crew Cab Pickup&bodyId=22&wheel=Standard Box&wheelId=349&trim=Custom&trimId=125&drive=RWD&driveId=7&engine=6.6L V8 GAS&engineId=17733&bodyNumDoors=5&categoryId=12007

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 2020-2500 said:

Second this!  I find the Anderson hitch much easier to use than traditional.  My truck didn't come with the puck system, so I had Chevy install the gooseneck hitch and bought the gooseneck version of the Anderson hitch.  This avoided installing rails in the bed to keep it clean when I have the hitch out.  It also moves the hitch point back just a bit which helps with turning in the standard bed.

Here's a link to the curt hitch.  Since it's sold by Chevy accessories they have a standard labor rate of $200 for install.

https://accessories.chevrolet.com/product/trailering/325k-gooseneck-hitch-with-under-bed-brackets-and-hardware-by-curt™-group-associated-accessories-19419344?year=2020&make=Chevrolet&model=Silverado 2500 HD&modelId=494&body=Crew Cab Pickup&bodyId=22&wheel=Standard Box&wheelId=349&trim=Custom&trimId=125&drive=RWD&driveId=7&engine=6.6L V8 GAS&engineId=17733&bodyNumDoors=5&categoryId=12007

Third this^^^^

My truck has the OEM pucks. It also came with the Curt hitch package. I just plug the goose ball in the hole in the bed and drop the 40lb hitch over it and cinch it down. Actually, I have a padded mat (made from a Home Depot rubber mat) that I put under the hitch to help protect the bed. It tows beautifully and there's plenty of clearance from the cab on tight turns.,

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2021 at 8:59 AM, RugbyRef said:

Andersen Ultimate hitch...Andersen Ultimate

I've used for the past 6 years with no issues.

Which do you use, utimate connection or raised ultimate connection? I'm ready to order but want to make sure I get the right one. I will have a 2021 GMC 2500HD with fifthwheel/gooseneck package.

On 4/3/2021 at 3:41 PM, Mardo said:

Which do you use, utimate connection or raised ultimate connection? I'm ready to order but want to make sure I get the right one. I will have a 2021 GMC 2500HD with fifthwheel/gooseneck package.

I use the regular ultimate connection.  It fits my application perfectly.

I just ordered/received a B&W Companion RVK3710.  It's the puck mount hitch for 20k lb trailers.

I was really considering the Andersen as there are many, many positive reviews.  But there are several negative reviews and pictures of failures that could be catastrophic.  Just the reviews on Amazon will show those pictures.  They may be few and far between, but it was enough to make me reconsider.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/12/2021 at 7:15 PM, Mardo said:

What fifth wheel hitch are you using in a 2500 standard bed

B&W, pricey, bolts right on, instructions are good-easy to follow, and made in the USA.

No pucks, not available on the 2020 bed at the time of installation.  However, can be removed very easy and switch for Goose Neck operation.

Also, added the electrical connector i side the bed, by the rear left side.  Is plug and play, no special tools need it.

The Slider Type is for Short Beds, to give some room while turning on tight spots.  On Long Beds is not need it.  If you are going with a B&W, get yourself a good chain and padlock.  The 5th wheel hitch can be stolen under 5 min with just 1 socket and 2 people; is that easy to remove and install.

Edited by 2500W/T