03 Silverado

Have an 03 Silverado that I'm doing some upgrades on to get her ready for camping season. Right now Im going to replace the brakes and would like the minimum thickness of both front and rear rotors to determine if I need to buy them as well when I place my parts order. Thank for the help, Mike

5 hours ago, Mike Miz said:

Have an 03 Silverado that I'm doing some upgrades on to get her ready for camping season. Right now Im going to replace the brakes and would like the minimum thickness of both front and rear rotors to determine if I need to buy them as well when I place my parts order. Thank for the help, Mike

Personally if it were me, and this was a truck used to haul a camper, and you are truly upgrading it to get it ready, I would evaluate how long they have been on the truck, and make my choice from there. They are relatively cheap and easy to replace so it would be a no brainer. 

Anymore it is just best to put new rotors on when you put new brakes.  Not to many places around here turn them anymore.  Besides, brakes are one thing I don't skimp on. Especially as often as you would be changing them.  Put quality parts on for brakes and feel confident that you have a vehicle that can stop like it supposed to with no issues down the road.

• Like 1

I would recommend doing both new rotors and pads at the same time. I have been pleased with my wagner pads, they stop great while towing and have worn very evenly. For rotors if you are doing them yourself I would recommend OEM going through rockauto or amazon etc. If you are having a shop do the work I recommend you go the local ford dealer. Why you ask? because in 2017 Ford started offering aftermarket parts for most make/models. The brand is omnicraft, that is what I put on my truck because I worked for a ford dealer at the time of replacement. If you have them done at the GM dealer they will give you a 12 month warranty. If you let Ford do the work they will give you a 3 year unlimited mile warranty on the rotors, labor included! I have had no warping issues, or any complaints more than 2 years later. YMMV but that is my 2 cents good luck with your setup!