CarbonPro - worth it, or waste of $1000

42 minutes ago, gemarsh said:

Call me embarrassed. Thought the AT4 model was both Chevy and GMC. Off topic, but what is the Chevy equivalent? 

LT Trail Boss would be the closest, however the AT4 has a much higher equipment level. 

As far as the Carbon Pro my opinion on it is...if the truck I want has it, great. If not, great.

If the outer bedsides were also composite I’d be all over it for ding and rust prevention but that’s not the case.

i would take a carbon pro, as i work in construction the bed is a big deal.....for 1k sure why not, bed liner gonna cost me $500 and I get speakers too.....idk if i would use them ....1k seems reasonable for that pkg if it was important

Edited by Dunn

51 minutes ago, Dunn said:

i would take a carbon pro, as i work in construction the bed is a big deal.....for 1k sure why not, bed liner gonna cost me $500 and I get speakers too.....idk if i would use them ....1k seems reasonable for that pkg if it was important

AT4 and Denali come with a spray in bedliner and the SLT does if is has the Premium Plus package.  So if you want a well equipped Sierra, it will have a spray in bedliner already, so this really does cost you $1000.

4 hours ago, gemarsh said:

Call me embarrassed. Thought the AT4 model was both Chevy and GMC. Off topic, but what is the Chevy equivalent? 

Don't think there is one....yet. 

Trim wise, if we accept that - 

HC roughly like Denali (especially now that HC can have adaptive ride control added as an option)

and SLT and LTZ are pretty much equivalent.

and SLE and LT are pretty much equivalent.

and WT equivalent to base Sierra

AT4 is higher trim than SLT/LTZ and lower than Denali /HC

OTOH, GMC does not have a lower trim lifted truck (Chev has custom Trailboss and LT Trailboss) 

Of course adding available options to any/all the trims makes it even more confusing. 

There are a lot more 'trim levels' available on the chev's. 

Add-in the 'special editions' and 'premium edition' packages that are offered on some trims makes feel like even more versions are available.

I've always thought that GM made slight differences between the Silverado and Sierra trims partly to make price comparisons between them even more difficult. 

Currently available Silverado 1500 trims: 

1 - Available on all models.
2 - Available on Crew Cab CC10543 and CK10*43 and Double Cab C*10753 models.
3 - Available on 4WD Crew Cab CK10*43 and 4WD Double Cab CK10753 models.
4 - Available on Crew Cab C*10*43 and Double Cab C*10753 models.
5 - Available on 4WD Crew Cab CK10543 and 4WD Double Cab CK10753 models.
6 - Available on Crew Cab CC10543 and CK10*43 and Double Cab CK10753 models.
7 - Available on 4WD Crew Cab CK10*43 models.
8 - Available on Crew Cab CC10543 and CK10*43 models.

Work Truck Custom Custom Trail Boss LT RST LT Trail Boss LTZ High Country

1WT1

1CX2

2CX3

1LT4

2FL5

1SP6

2LT7

1LZ8

3LZ8

Currently available Sierra 1500 trims:

1 - Equipment Group 1SA available on Crew Cab TC10543, TK10543 and TK10743, Double Cab and Regular Cab models.
2 - Available on Crew Cab TC10543, TK10543 and TK10743 and Double Cab T*10753 models.
3 - Available on 4WD Double Cab TK10753 and 4WD Crew Cab K10543 models.
4 - Available on Crew Cab TC10543, TK10543 and TK10743 models.
5 - Available on 4WD Crew Cab TK10*43 models.

Regular, Double and Crew Cab Double and Crew Cab Crew Cab
Sierra
1SA1
SLE
3SA2
Elevation
3VL3
Elevation
3SB2
SLT
4SA4
AT4
4SB5
Denali
5SA4

39 minutes ago, Nitrousbird said:

AT4 and Denali come with a spray in bedliner and the SLT does if is has the Premium Plus package.  So if you want a well equipped Sierra, it will have a spray in bedliner already, so this really does cost you $1000.

still a great deal even if a bedliner was standard.....factory ones arent the best anyhow and much prefer line x or bullet....bed of my truck is my living.....if you dont need it dont get it

A cuppa points. I got the CP because the AT4 color I wanted (Satin Steel) had it. Wasn’t a selling point or detractor either, it was just a thing. Second, it also had the gray painted rims which I really like with the color. 

6 hours ago, cltsig said:

A cuppa points. I got the CP because the AT4 color I wanted (Satin Steel) had it. Wasn’t a selling point or detractor either, it was just a thing. Second, it also had the gray painted rims which I really like with the color. 

From the GM builder site, it doesn't appear that the CarbonPro package has any impact on the wheels.  In either case, the dealer has identical trucks other than the CarbonPro package, both with the 20" Carbon Gray wheel upgrade.  

There are 2 different 20” wheel upgrades, 1 specifically for the CarbonPro. The rims are identical except for the finish, with the carbon gray only being an available option on the CarbonPro. Non-CarbonPro trucks have the option of 20” black/machine finished rims.

The good news is it will not damage easily, more bed volume, it will not rust and way more tiedowns.  Aside from the bed itself you get carbon fiber looking trim both inside and out as well as the kicker sound system in the tailgate.  Too bad to hold outside of the truck can't be made of this stuff.

The bad news is that accessories are harder to locate or install and any kind of accessories that require a ground like a bed mounted fuel tank have to go through to the frame for grounding.

I would have preferred mine came with CP but it was the color I wanted, the motor I thought I wanted, and it was sitting there ready to roll. I didn’t really care either way but it’s the only option I don’t have, so that makes me want it. 

On 4/7/2021 at 9:24 PM, Dunn said:

One downside if the box is heavily used is that it is the 'shortbox' size. 

Not available in the 'standard' box size.

On 4/7/2021 at 10:18 PM, Nitrousbird said:

All trims, except the new 'low-trim' version of the elevation can have the spray in added as a stand-alone option if it isn't already included in the trim level or a option package that includes it. 

CGN         Bed Liner, Spray-on, Pickup bedliner with GMC logo (does not include spray-on liner on tailgate due to Black composite inner panel)

On Base Trim -  Not available with (ZW9) pickup bed delete. Double Cab and Crew Cab models are available with Ship Thru codes (VBE), (VCO), (VDT), (VYC) or (VYS). Crew Cab and Regular Cab models are available with Ship Thru codes (A6T), (TW3), (VI1), (VKZ) or (WEZ). 

On SLE  and 3SB version of Elevation -  Included with (RFX) X31 Off-Road and Protection Package. Double Cab and Crew Cab models are available with Ship Thru codes (VBE), (VCO), (VDT), (VYC) or (VYS). Crew Cab models are available with Ship Thru codes (A6T), (TW3), (VI1), (VKZ) or (WEZ). 

On SLT  -  Included with (RFX) X31 Off-Road and Protection Package, (PDT) SLT Premium Plus Package or (PDW) Texas Edition SLT Premium Plus Package. Double Cab and Crew Cab models are available with Ship Thru codes (VBE), (VCO), (VDT), (VYC) or (VYS). Crew Cab models are available with Ship Thru codes (A6T), (TW3), (VI1), (VKZ) or (WEZ). 

Standard on AT4 -  AT4 logo replaces GMC logo. Deleted with (PCP) AT4 CarbonPro Edition. Double Cab and Crew Cab models are available with Ship Thru codes (VBE), (VCO), (VDT), (VYC) or (VYS). 

Standard on -  Denali logo replaces GMC logo. Deleted with (PCP) Denali CarbonPro Edition. Available with Ship Thrus codes (VBE), (VCO), (VDT), (VYC) or (VYS). 

On 3VL version of Elevation  -- not available

1 hour ago, redwngr said:

All trims, except the new 'low-trim' version of the elevation can have the spray in added as a stand-alone option if it isn't already included in the trim level or a option package that includes it. 

That's totally missing my point.  In the Denali and AT4, they come standard with the spray-in liner, so the CarbonPro isn't offsetting that cost.  Same goes for the SLT Premium Plus packaged trucks.  The Elevation and lower models can't get the CarbonPro package, so it's a moot point.  The only savings is if you buy a SLT base or SLT Premium package, then then the CarbonPro package is partly paid for by not ordering the spray-in liner.  Good luck finding an SLT optioned like that.