Apologies if this has been asked before, but haven't found it by searching yet. 

Last weekend I was driving up the 395 and after filling up a tank of gas, tried to start my new truck (2021 w/ <4k miles). I pushed the start button once and the starter engaged with a weird cranking noise that continued until I re-pushed the button to stop it. Tried it two more times with the same result. A guy in an LT Trail Boss behind me heard the noise and walked over. He said its happened to him 3 times in 15k miles and that the only thing he could do was wait it out, try the unlock/lock buttons on the keyfob, and it would eventually work. Sure enough after about 3-5 minutes it started up.

Recall in the works? Anyone else faced this yet?

There is thread called “Won’t Start”.It has over 12 pages of posts. The same thing happened to my AT4 yesterday morning.I only have 455 miles on it. I’m not sure it GM has a true fix. I read some had their electronic control module replaced. Look through that thread. It didn’t make me feel good about the issue.

1 hour ago, khays said:

Where did this come from? GM memo sent to dealerships?

I would assume so. I download so much information, 90% dealing with farming, I have no remembrance where I actually found this.

Mine is a '21 and when I re-torqued them I got 3 turns out of the bolts. I had no issues, just checked them. It was below 0°F, when I checked.

On 4/15/2021 at 3:36 PM, gemarsh said:

I would assume so. I download so much information, 90% dealing with farming, I have no remembrance where I actually found this.

Mine is a '21 and when I re-torqued them I got 3 turns out of the bolts. I had no issues, just checked them. It was below 0°F, when I checked.

That is absolutely ridiculous for a new vehicle with an already known issue. I'll re-torque them and see what happens.