So I just got a 2021 Crew Cab RST, and I noticed that my GPS speed via my waze app was 1mph slower then what my trucks digital display reads. I know its not my phone/waze as they matched in my 2020 Silverado LT and in my wifes 2021 Traverse LT. And there is one of those speed radar trailers that sit on the side of the road and flash red when your going by to fast, and I set my cruise as I passed it and it showed a mile under what the dash read. Is there a fix for this?

Most times I use GPS the truck or car will be 1 mph higher than the GPS. As the tires wear it will get closer to the same. I think gm wants to make sure the speedo is under not over. So people can't blame them for speeding tickets.

13 minutes ago, Jetblackz28 said:

Thanks for being so helpful! 

I really think it's completely normal. If your truck was showing 50 but it was really going fast than that I can see people blaming/suing gm for their speeding tickets.

Edited by Adamace1

1 minute ago, Adamace1 said:

I really think it's completely normal. If your truck was showing 50 but it was really going fast than that I can see people blaming/suing gm for their speeding tickets.

That’s fine I can understand that as well. Just was seeing if this is a common issue or a way to get it fixed. 

13 hours ago, Adamace1 said:

As the tires wear it will get closer to the same.

As the tires wear, the discrepancy will get larger (on the order of another 1 or 2 MPH at 60 MPH.)  I assume Jetblack will have an aneurysm by then.

Edited by Salsa De Piña

1 hour ago, Salsa De Piña said:

As the tires wear, the discrepancy will get larger (on the order of another 1 or 2 MPH at 60 MPH.)  I assume Jetblack will have an aneurysm by then.

It’s funny, I came in here asking a simple question as I’ve never seen the speedo off on any stock vehicle especially a brand new one with under 500 miles on it. And most people’s answers weren’t helpful at all or even productive to the conversation. I have no problem dealing with my speedometer being off by 1mph if that is occasionally normal but I’ve never seen it so I asked a question.

It’s funny, I came in here asking a simple question as I’ve never seen the speedo off on any stock vehicle especially a brand new one with under 500 miles on it. And most people’s answers weren’t helpful at all or even productive to the conversation. I have no problem dealing with my speedometer being off by 1mph if that is occasionally normal but I’ve never seen it so I asked a question.

I use that app for navigation even with vehicles equipped with navigation. In the three vehicles I’ve used it on the app read faster than the vehicle. Some by 2 mph. My CRV read the closet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the problem you're running into is most people don't care or see an issue with such a small variance, BUT what they do love is a chance to add a smart comment or make a joke, instead of kicking back a response to each one of these...maybe lighten up and roll with it. 

For example..if someone says put down the phone and drive...maybe say instead...I would, but then how would I know what time it is since my clock is also off by 17 seconds

32 minutes ago, ThatredneckguyJamie said:

the problem you're running into is most people don't care or see an issue with such a small variance, BUT what they do love is a chance to add a smart comment or make a joke, instead of kicking back a response to each one of these...maybe lighten up and roll with it. 

For example..if someone says put down the phone and drive...maybe say instead...I would, but then how would I know what time it is since my clock is also off by 17 seconds

I gotcha, I’m not seriously bothered by anyone here. Just used to forums where people are are actually helpful.