Anyone unhappy with WT trim?

11 hours ago, pokismoki said:

to clarify, "millis"聽 I find, are attracked to techy gimmicks, and excesive endulgence

Excessive indulgence belongs to the boomer generation, especially when talking about trucks and houses. Millenials simply cannot afford to be excessive in anything (when it comes to money and purchases). Who do you think is buying chromed out Denalis with all that bling? It's not 20 to 30 year olds, they're still living with their parents.

As for tech; yes they are more techy, they grew up with it and it doesn't scare them.

46 minutes ago, the wanderer said:

Excessive indulgence belongs to the boomer generation, especially when talking about trucks and houses. Millenials simply cannot afford to be excessive in anything (when it comes to money and purchases). Who do you think is buying chromed out Denalis with all that bling? It's not 20 to 30 year olds, they're still living with their parents.

As for tech; yes they are more techy, they grew up with it and it doesn't scare them.

I'm a Boomer raised by the Lost Generation. That聽rubbed off on us. We have more saved because we spent less silly. I would guess聽you're聽thinking Gen X?聽馃槈聽 Tech doesn't scare us....we just know that not everything needs a microprocessor to function properly.聽:crackup:聽As far as understanding it better? Yea, hands down but I'm good with clumsy yet unafraid. Just takes me longer to find he right buttons.....聽

I went the WT rout one truck, got a super good deal on it, but I just missed the steering wheel controls, and XM聽radio, and the power seat. So I'm a nicely optioned LT guy, don't want collision alert, lane departure, all that's not for me. Crabby old man doesn't need computers to run everything....

• Like 1

One of my favorite things to do is cruise the car lots. It can be dangerous for impulse buying. I do better now. I came across a 2 door work truck. It had AC, decent radio, everything was the same color. It was sharp, cheap and had a V-8. It didn鈥檛 try to look cheap. It one of my favorite trucks.聽

On 5/12/2021 at 8:56 AM, the wanderer said:

Yup.聽 When you look at money saved for that generation is a joke.聽 Boomers also created the buy now pay later mentality in the 80s and 90s.聽 ignited the housing crash in 2008.聽 Divorce rates sky rocketed.聽 The millennial mind set is terrible, but in terms of habits the boomer generation owns it and keep in mind the millennials are the kids of boomers.聽

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XY74 said:

I kinda like my High Country.聽 :)聽 I also still like my '04 WT, but it's quite spartan by comparison.聽 (Crank windows!!!!)聽聽

I really like crank windows. More tactile.聽

On 5/13/2021 at 4:45 AM, gearheadesw said:

I went the WT rout one truck, got a super good deal on it, but I just missed the steering wheel controls, and XM聽radio, and the power seat. So I'm a nicely optioned LT guy, don't want collision alert, lane departure, all that's not for me. Crabby old man doesn't need computers to run everything....

feel the same about extras!!

IMO of all the cheap lowdown slimeball scumbag ways to save a buck it should not include wheel controls. I should have done more research so its 100% on me, my 11 i got new was ready for the glue factory last fall and the time was finally right. Heck im not even mad the ecu blowing @ 3k left me stranded in the middle of winter for 2 hours (and thanks to corona I couldnt even wait inside anywhere where it was warm) but the safety risk I take and put other in w/no wheel controls or ways to add them is a sour point.

• Like 1