Brakes soft

I felt the same.  They work but take more effort then most cars I drive, especially new ones.  Usually the brakes are really touchy but not in this truck.  Took awhile to get used to.  Worst part is when I get into a new vehicle that's not mine I end up slamming the brakes the first time.

4 minutes ago, Bill Henthorn said:

I agree. Seems like I have to smash the brakes to stop even when not pulling a trailer.

yeah I have been turning on the exhaust brake some.  TBH has almost been dangerous a few times already.  I wonder if this is a 21 thing or just a 20 thing.  Wouldnt be surprised if a TSB or recall came out

I have some SS front brake lines that I never put on my '16 HD. If they fit my '21, I might try them. That would give better pedal pressure. But I agree with all that it does take some foot power to activate.

41 minutes ago, GMC4Zee said:

I have some SS front brake lines that I never put on my '16 HD. If they fit my '21, I might try them. That would give better pedal pressure. But I agree with all that it does take some foot power to activate.

I wonder if that would help.  I would think it has something to do with the booster.

My 18 half ton didn't have the most positive brakes to me. My 21 HD is OK, but does require some effort. DI motors in the half ton trucks have a auxiliary vacuum pump because they don't make enough vacuum during cylinder deactivation. I know the HD series don't have cylinder deactivation but I'm wondering if there is any relationship. 

Just throwing this out there, but after driving the truck for almost a week now I have found that a single pump of the brakes immediately provide a firmer pedal.