IOR Steering Wheel Control Retrofits are here!

Anyone have a guess as to whether the steering wheel & harness upgrade to control the radio will work without changing the cluster. I want to do the cluster but not right away, just trying to spread out the hit to my bank account for a few weeks

19 hours ago, Hotwheel said:

Anyone have a guess as to whether the steering wheel & harness upgrade to control the radio will work without changing the cluster. I want to do the cluster but not right away, just trying to spread out the hit to my bank account for a few weeks

It will not. 

• Thanks 1

My steering wheel came in from the dealer, harness from harness dr and Monday it shows my high country cluster from whites automotive will arrive.  Hopefully next week I can get this done, I haven't seen anyone that has done this on a 19. Hopefully its the same as the 20-21's.

Edited by Flatblack83

On 6/10/2021 at 8:22 AM, Mac-427 said:

I have the seven inch radio screen on my 2020 Custom.  Will I have to buy a new radio to make this work.  I see that a new cluster is less than 300 bucks but a new radio screen would up the expense considerably.

No, you don't need to do anything to your radio.

17 hours ago, c0ld29 said:

No, you don't need to do anything to your radio.

I checked with with Chris White about purchasing a cluster and having them re-program it.  He said that they source the correct cluster directly from GM and advised against purchasing my own.  This makes perfect sense because the purchase of an incorrect cluster saddles you with drudgery of returns and even more delays. 

On 6/16/2021 at 8:38 AM, Mac-427 said:

I checked with with Chris White about purchasing a cluster and having them re-program it.  He said that they source the correct cluster directly from GM and advised against purchasing my own.  This makes perfect sense because the purchase of an incorrect cluster saddles you with drudgery of returns and even more delays. 

Yep agreed. The cluster I plan on purchasing through them as they program it to your VIN. But your radio shouldn't need to be touched. 

16 hours ago, MikeD811 said:

Is It possible to get wireless Apple CarPlay on ior radio

Negative... they have programming services for all of the other radios, but us with the IORs are stuck with wired besides adding a wireless aftermarket dongle type device.

Hey Flatblack, did you have to take apart everything outlined in the below video.  I watched it several times to get ready for installation when my WAMS cluster arrives and am wondering why the radio needs to be removed. Looks to me like I can get it done with a lot less deconstruction.

On 6/3/2021 at 7:58 PM, GTPprix said:

Hey gang!

In a strange twist of fate we had two customers in the past few weeks retrofit our T1 Uplevel High Country/Denali clusters to IOR equipped vehicles. Both users after adding the required wiring and steering wheel controls have confirmed that not only do the menu controls work but also the full steering wheel audio controls! In the past only our Dealer customers had done this retrofit so we were unaware of this facet due to lack of feedback (no news is good news!)  but this is great news for those of you who have been wondering about this!

HarnessDR.com says they will have T1 harnesses up shortly on the site OR in the interim you can order the 14-18 version and put a note that its for a T1 and they will build it accordingly. 

https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/product/denali-high-country-cluster-upgrade-t1/

4 hours ago, Flatblack83 said:

The radio doesn't need to be removed, side of dash, top above the cluster, column cover and the vent/headlight switch need to be removed. 

Thanks, after thinking about it, the video showed the radio removal but he was changing the radio trim, which I don't have to do.

1 hour ago, Mac-427 said:

Thanks, after thinking about it, the video showed the radio removal but he was changing the radio trim, which I don't have to do.

I changed the radio trim to match the steering wheel. Trying now to find the driver n passenger chrome vent part# so it all matches.

On 6/18/2021 at 6:18 PM, Flatblack83 said:

I changed the radio trim to match the steering wheel. Trying now to find the driver n passenger chrome vent part# so it all matches.

The chrome ring is integrated into the vent itself. I don't believe they sell just the ring separately but they are fairly easy to remove from the vent rings. 

I have a driver side vent in atmosphere that has the chrome ring if you're interested though. Bought the wrong color and couldn't return so will sell it for fairly cheap as I have no use for it. Part number is 84266583 (has the 4WD/double button layout)