IOR Steering Wheel Control Retrofits are here!

Hey gang!

In a strange twist of fate we had two customers in the past few weeks retrofit our T1 Uplevel High Country/Denali clusters to IOR equipped vehicles. Both users after adding the required wiring and steering wheel controls have confirmed that not only do the menu controls work but also the full steering wheel audio controls! In the past only our Dealer customers had done this retrofit so we were unaware of this facet due to lack of feedback (no news is good news!)  but this is great news for those of you who have been wondering about this!

HarnessDR.com says they will have T1 harnesses up shortly on the site OR in the interim you can order the 14-18 version and put a note that its for a T1 and they will build it accordingly. 

https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/product/denali-high-country-cluster-upgrade-t1/

Edited by GTPprix

I’ve already been talking with HarnessDr about this, and ordered a wheel clockspring, and harness. Just ordered a cluster now, my question is, what year were the trucks? The clockspring is for an LT truck with key ignition, should I keep it or will my 2019 clockspring work?

12 hours ago, Mjleech said:

I’ve already been talking with HarnessDr about this, and ordered a wheel clockspring, and harness. Just ordered a cluster now, my question is, what year were the trucks? The clockspring is for an LT truck with key ignition, should I keep it or will my 2019 clockspring work?

I think thats something until we are 100% sure on everything by model year end users will have to verify on their own clock spring wise. The trucks were 2020-2021 however the 2019 should be the same in this regard.

10 hours ago, Goobax said:

I’m assuming this is the harness to order then put in the notes for a T1?

https://harnessdr.com/product/2014-2019-silverado-sierra-steering-wheel-lin-bus-harness/

Yup! 

I’m not seeing the link? Ordering the harness just has the wire in it that needs to be added to the stock harness right? Just want to make sure I’m not missing anything here. You can either add the wire or buy the harness right? No clockspring is needed? I’ve installed steering wheel already just need to get a cluster from WAMS. Thanks

58 minutes ago, bjr2020 6.2 said:

I’m not seeing the link? Ordering the harness just has the wire in it that needs to be added to the stock harness right? Just want to make sure I’m not missing anything here. You can either add the wire or buy the harness right? No clockspring is needed? I’ve installed steering wheel already just need to get a cluster from WAMS. Thanks

Here is the link.

https://harnessdr.com/product/2019-2021-silverado-sierra-steering-wheel-lin-bus-harness/?fbclid=IwAR3Vkr-toHqYeLC6V_e6Zxq3e4bF4aqnGOwdCtg30SY8cOJLnxIzRvaCq7Y

2 minutes ago, bjr2020 6.2 said:

Thanks much 

No problem, already got shipping notification on mine.

To your other questions though, I can't answer. The wheel I ordered was this: 84813359

It came with a harness and I had the dealer install so I am hoping there is nothing additional with the clock spring that needs to be messed with. I have my WAMS cluster and the harness already on the way so I will update you next week if you don't have an answer sooner. Wish me and my wallet luck lol

I'm in the middle of the same deal. My trucks a 19, this worked on the 20 and 21 but not yet the 19. The wheel for the t1 19 on gm parts direct isn't the same wheel for the t1 20-21.   So wish me luck...!!!

I ordered the wams cluster, 84755546 steering wheel, silver piece for the dash to match the wheel and the harness from Dr harness.  I'll be doing it as soon as the clusters here.

Looking forward to see who else has done it or tried it on a 19.

Best of luck to you guys keep us posted I have my harness ordered steering wheel is already on and cluster is on order the high country one from WAMS. I heard there on backorder but I can’t find anything on WAMS saying that they are? 

Questions guys.  I have a 21 LT crew that has the steering wheel controls for the radio.  My build sheet says IOR - CHEVROLET INFOTAINMENT 3 8" DIAG COLOR TOUCHSCREEN.  I would like to go to the High Country cluster.  So, my questions are, Do I just order just the cluster?  Will I need anything from harnessDr?

On 6/4/2021 at 10:03 PM, bjr2020 6.2 said:

Best of luck to you guys keep us posted I have my harness ordered steering wheel is already on and cluster is on order the high country one from WAMS. I heard there on backorder but I can’t find anything on WAMS saying that they are? 

I messaged wams and he said the 20-21 are hard to get and will take a little longer. The 19s tho are a lil different and are easier to get 

18 minutes ago, Flatblack83 said:

I messaged wams and he said the 20-21 are hard to get and will take a little longer. The 19s tho are a lil different and are easier to get 

Yea I’d heard that but couldn’t find it listed on website I thought I saw it before on WAMS site  but can’t find it now. It still says processing on my order from WAMS. As to pintoracer if you already have audio controls it’s just a update of the cluster if you want I don’t believe you need anything else besides cluster but I maybe wrong. 

10 hours ago, bjr2020 6.2 said:

Yea I’d heard that but couldn’t find it listed on website I thought I saw it before on WAMS site  but can’t find it now. It still says processing on my order from WAMS. As to pintoracer if you already have audio controls it’s just a update of the cluster if you want I don’t believe you need anything else besides cluster but I maybe wrong. 

Thanks!  I kind of figured that was the case!  I may go ahead and place an order.