IOR Steering Wheel Control Retrofits are here!

6 hours ago, Craigpee said:

Great information! I added the wire from harnessdr and everything is working except my phone button. Is anyone else having that issue?

The phone button on mine only works if a calls coming in and u answer or want to hang up. Although I can push the wheel button and the phone won't  come on otherwise.

On 6/20/2021 at 3:41 AM, Flatblack83 said:

The phone button on mine only works if a calls coming in and u answer or want to hang up. Although I can push the wheel button and the phone won't  come on otherwise.

In the video he mentions the "Speak button and hang up button" works. What happens when you hit the speak button in the normal state? Can you actually give voice commands to call someone or is it solely to answer calls when they are coming in.

• 2 weeks later...

So I have a 2021 Trail Boss custom and am looking to upgrade the steering wheel so I can get the volume and talk controls.  Can someone list off all the parts needed?  I’m a little confused after going through every post so if someone can provide a summary in one post that would be awesome. Also if there is a video showing a step by step at all that would be awesome too. I watched the video tied to this thread but it didn’t necessarily do a whole lot in terms of showing how to do it.  Thanks in advance!

So I can confirm this works on a 2019 as well. Got it all set up on the weekend everything works.

I bought a junkyard steering wheel, clockspring(although I don’t think I needed it), Denali cluster from WAMS, and wire from harnessdr. 

Both WAMS and harnessdr are the definition of customer service and care. They were fantastic and answered every question I had.

CDDAFD6A-F96D-4C01-990E-C6D315A3939F.jpeg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

On a 21 custom Trailboss.  Primary objective is to gain audio control buttons on back of steering wheel.  I have installed the harnessdr wire and replaced the steering wheel to one with buttons. The rear audio controls still don't work.  Does the WAMS upgraded cluster allow the audio control function? Thanks!

1 minute ago, Chad Sommer said:

On a 21 custom Trailboss.  Primary objective is to gain audio control buttons on back of steering wheel.  I have installed the harnessdr wire and replaced the steering wheel to one with buttons. The rear audio controls still don't work.  Does the WAMS upgraded cluster allow the audio control function? Thanks!

Yes. You have to upgrade the cluster to get audio controls and the WAMS unit does this for you. 

• Like 1

Would one of you IOR equipped folks please take a picture of your radio module? Should be located on the passenger side up under the dash closest to the passenger fender. This would REALLY help us out; thanks! 

2 hours ago, GTPprix said:

Would one of you IOR equipped folks please take a picture of your radio module? Should be located on the passenger side up under the dash closest to the passenger fender. This would REALLY help us out; thanks!

I think this is the radio module.  Do you need clear image of anything specific?

20210821_204904.jpg

20210821_204841.jpg

20210821_204827.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

If you have been waiting to order a 20/21 High Country Gas US Spec cluster we have a few spares from the giant batch that we just got in this afternoon (that took nearly 6 months to get). If you want one order please order NOW. When these are gone they are back to backorder :( This chip crisis has been crazy with these units. 

https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/product/denali-high-country-cluster-upgrade-t1/

Edited by GTPprix

• 3 weeks later...

A few people have expressed interest in a lower cost method to do this upgrade. While I think if you're going to go through all of this the real upgrade is the Denali / High Country variants we have come up with a more economical solution as well if thats the route you want to go :)

https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/product/2019-2022-t1-ior-cluster-upgrade/

• Like 3