Gmc led tailgate light bar

I have the blade lightbar, and I'm not 100% satisfied with it.  It doesn't always light up when I step on the brakes.  Whether or not it works is intermittent.  Reverse lighting flashes during the day time when headlights are off, but is constant when headlights are on.  Brake light feature flashes when headlights are off, but it's solid when the headlights are on.  Again, this is dependent upon whether or not it wants to work in the first place.  I've locked/unlocked my truck many times and noticed it doesn't always illuminate, including at night.  It's a purchase I regret wasting money on.  I've only had it a few months.

7 hours ago, Transient said:

I have the blade lightbar, and I'm not 100% satisfied with it.  It doesn't always light up when I step on the brakes.  Whether or not it works is intermittent.  Reverse lighting flashes during the day time when headlights are off, but is constant when headlights are on.  Brake light feature flashes when headlights are off, but it's solid when the headlights are on.  Again, this is dependent upon whether or not it wants to work in the first place.  I've locked/unlocked my truck many times and noticed it doesn't always illuminate, including at night.  It's a purchase I regret wasting money on.  I've only had it a few months.

Thank you, what year and model truck is yours on if you don't mind me asking? I appreciate the review......wonder if you got  defective one? Can you exchange it?

3 hours ago, Liquid Plumber AT4 said:

Thank you, what year and model truck is yours on if you don't mind me asking? I appreciate the review......wonder if you got  defective one? Can you exchange it?

I have a 2020 Trail Boss LT.  I haven't looked into a warranty exchange.  I'm debating whether or not I want to keep it.

Mine took a crap after about 6 months.  Putco sent me another.  It's still in the box.  Not really a fan of it.  Was on the truck when I bought it.  Have it and the wiring harness if anyone is interested.  I'd let it go for $50 plus shipping.

On 9/8/2021 at 10:15 PM, Transient said:

The controller wired directly to the bar is bad.  Mine did the exact same thing.  Email Putco.  They'll take care of it.

• 3 months later...