Dust in bed with bed cover?

Bullseye07

I installed a bakflip mx4 bed cover on my 2021 RST. I really like the bed cover, but the first time I took my truck down a gravel road the inside of the bed was absolutely covered in dust. I don’t believe that the bed cover is what’s letting the dust in. I believe it’s coming in through the gap at the bottom of the tailgate between it and the bed. Has anybody else had this issue? Know of a fix? I’m considering installing a piece of weather stripping or something in that gap to block out dust.  

have used the truxseal on several trucks . The longer runs seal great . The trick is getting the sides and corners tight .

Any more I just give the install my best shot and accept some leakage . I keep out MOST of the dust . I live on a dirt road , and probably travel dirt or gravel 10-15% of my miles . I live in a semi-arid area , so I am very experienced with the problem. It will never go away , but it can be contrloled and reduced .

I've had limited luck sealing the bed. Sometimes it's hard to install without affecting tailgate closure. In my experience you wil still get dust rolling down gravel roads. It can help and you have to also seal numerous other small openings and drain holes. 

1 hour ago, Bullseye07 said:

I installed a bakflip mx4 bed cover on my 2021 RST. I really like the bed cover, but the first time I took my truck down a gravel road the inside of the bed was absolutely covered in dust. I don’t believe that the bed cover is what’s letting the dust in. I believe it’s coming in through the gap at the bottom of the tailgate between it and the bed. Has anybody else had this issue? Know of a fix? I’m considering installing a piece of weather stripping or something in that gap to block out dust.  

How abut this product?

• Like 1

I purchased the ESI "Original and Patented Tailgate Seal with Taper Seal" that works for the MultiPro and Multi-Flex tailgates. It looks about the same as the above product. It was under $30 shipped off ebay. I have a Retrax MX Pro tonneau and it works fine with it. I did have to double up the seal at the top on the bed side. Trying to put it on the tailgate side as shown in the video above didn't properly seal the gap.

Edited by GETGONE
Added video link
  • Like 1