In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Thinking of switching

Picked up the wife’s 2022 Yukon SLT on Saturday.  Absolutely love it. To the point I am considering trading or selling my 2021 Sierra AT4 that’s completely loaded, just not sure if I’ll miss the truck aspect or not. 

Has anyone switched out of a pickup to a Yukon or Tahoe?

I did this exact switch about 6 months ago and don't regret it one bit. I had a 2019 trail boss that I traded in on a 2021 Z71 Tahoe and it was the best decision I have made. The air ride combined with the magnaride is a game changer and makes the trucks feel like a wagon. I also have a small trailer I can use so really no need for a truck.

Switched back in June.

I really like the enclosed cab. Love the look of the Z71 Suburban. Not missing the pickup.

If you can…. opt for the extra cost would go with all around cameras, LED rear view mirror, eLSD, HUD, and panoramic roof.

Mine is fairly stripped with the panoramic and middle buckets seats.

If I need something smaller, then I take my Wrangler.

The Suburban is amazing for road trips and loading everything but the kitchen sink when I go to my cabin.

Edited by gregus73

I did the exact same thing also.  I went from a Sierra Denali extended bed to a Yukon XL and never looked back.  As a matter of fact, my back has thanked me for it ever since.  My Yukon XL is the most comfortable seating and riding vehicle I've ever had.  Not sure why I even tried the pickup in the first place.  I can fit every thing in the XL that I could in the truck without a problem.