Mind blowing, stolen 2021 Denali HD

Guest Phobby

its getting easier to steal the hightech vehicles, software/hardware programming leaks, inside infultrations of automotive industry by a criminal class of professionals from other countries {Ukrain, russia, Mexico, CHina} running and owning the dealerships. 

Anytime you guys go to a dealership for warrantee or maintnance you just opened the door to theft. the employees are the criminal, they have all your personal data, and GPS tracking on you too.

Edited by pokismoki

one way to stop theft Is if the manufactuers end all dealership sales shut them all down.

You have to buy your car online from manufactuer, they deliver it, and send out a remote technitian for repairs and maintnance, similar to {Tesla, Maserati, ferrari} repair department.  too many blind spots with private ownership of the automotive dealerships

• Like 2

1 hour ago, It's Tim said:

Case in point why no one should ever "personalize" a vehicle. Peeps are attracted to options like the onboard garage door opener and what not but that is just inviting problems when the owner in no longer in control. Any personal info (registration, insurance info, etc) should follow the owner everytime the vehicle is left unattended.

Yeah, just recently told my brother he shouldn’t keep a gen 2 SC highway patrol Glock he inherited in his truck traveling. If he had to use it the police would put it in evidence to likely never see again. Now it’s gone. Always carry something replaceable. 

Edited by Phobby

25 minutes ago, pokismoki said:

its getting easier to steal the hightech vehicles, software/hardware programming leaks, inside infultrations of automotive industry by a criminal class of professionals from other countries {Ukrain, russia, Mexico, CHina} running and owning the dealerships. 

Anytime you guys go to a dealership for warrantee or maintnance you just opened the door to theft. the employees are the criminal, they have all your personal data, and GPS tracking on you too.

I honestly believe the hotel staff is in on the theft. Expensive vehicle comes in and a quick text to the thieves. 

Pull some fuses, add a club, and hopefully the thieves don't tow your vehicle. If GMC can't put a locking gas cap or fuel filler door on these trucks I suspect their keyless entry software is crap.

Sad to see this. It's crazy out here.

• Thanks 1

There are so many ways to steal a vehicle. There are devices that can clone a key fob, even with rolling codes. They can clone a coded key. If they are close enough. Yes, it can be done if the fob/key is in your house or hotel room. There are computer programs that can access the receivers in the vehicle and unlock the doors and ignition system. The fob/key code clone can be easily made at home with a few parts. For all of the electronics and wireless systems, there is a way for a dedicated scum bag to access them. 

That truck was targeted. As I said earlier, the thieves had an "order" for a truck fitting those specs. Hotel parking lots are a prime target. I never use my key fob to unlock/lock the doors on my truck or car. Or do a remote start. 

yes, I agree with disposing of your key fobs entirely. I havent figured out how to do it yet with out always triggering the alarm on the truck by just using the physical key itself to unlock the doors. it's a good mod I would like to do if I can find a competent person to do the software delete update

Edited by pokismoki

I live in the country we don't see many street rats stealing trucks out here. Probably would only get you as far as sleepy time forever land if there were. That said, remarkable they basically can slip right in like that. Reminds me of that saying locks are there to keep honest men honest not to keep dishonest men out.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, shakenfake said:

Wow you guys really live in fear lol

my old nieghbor lost his brand new Tundra 5 years ago, after taking it to the dealership for its first oilchange maintnance. the employees got his name address from the registration, ordered up a new key had it programmed , and got away clean. one night guy walks up his driveway unlocks with a cloned factory fob and drove away at 2 AM. caught on video, but was too dark to see a face

It takes a couple of hours each time I park, but found if I leave my truck like this, usually have no problems, unless there are some damn Hippies looking for parts😬

See the source image

Edited by JimCost2014
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, M1ck3y said:

It's too bad the gas pedal isn't quick-connect. Its one thing to just unplug it, but if you could take the whole pedal with you... that would be perfect 🤔

Actually yes you can disable the throttle , you have to purchase the SPrintbooster throttle enhancer, it has a special function for full lock out, 20% throttle for Valet mode, stock , and about a dozen throttle curves

2 hours ago, pokismoki said:

Actually yes you can disable the throttle , you have to purchase the SPrintbooster throttle enhancer, it has a special function for full lock out, 20% throttle for Valet mode, stock , and about a dozen throttle curves

All the thief would have to do is remove the sprint booster. If you take out the pedal the vehicle is going nowhere unless they brought a their own.