Supercharged V8's on the way??

Could we FINALLY get our supercharged V8's from GM? Will it be just SUV excluded, or maybe just Cadillac excluded? I would love to see this happen across the suv and truck lineup. 

Here is the article 

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2022/01/cadillac-escalade-v-accelerates-sounds-like-a-beast-with-lt4-v8-power-video/

19 minutes ago, TNTSilverado said:

Could we FINALLY get our supercharged V8's from GM? Will it be just SUV excluded, or maybe just Cadillac excluded? I would love to see this happen across the suv and truck lineup. 

Here is the article 

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2022/01/cadillac-escalade-v-accelerates-sounds-like-a-beast-with-lt4-v8-power-video/

I was always messing around trying to get enhanced performance out of trucks since the 70s, supercharger included. Finally when buying my 14 5.3 E-85 Texas Edition with the 345 gear I was satisfied. The only hand held tune adjustment I made were to the transmission and eliminating the cylinder deactivation. Most any hard acceleration would activate the traction control. No complaints in that department. The problem I can see with GMs added a S/C option is all the other expensive add ons they would throw in. If inclined I would farm the supercharger install to my favorite shop. The money I’d save would pay any potential warranty refuses for the aftermarket install. A lesson learned.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

I was always messing around trying to get enhanced performance out of trucks since the 70s, supercharger included. Finally when buying my 14 5.3 E-85 Texas Edition with the 345 gear I was satisfied. The only hand held tune adjustment I made were to the transmission and eliminating the cylinder deactivation. Most any hard acceleration would activate the traction control. No complaints in that department. The problem I can see with GMs added a S/C option is all the other expensive add ons they would throw in. If inclined I would farm the supercharger install to my favorite shop. The money I’d save would pay any potential warranty refuses for the aftermarket install. A lesson learned.

The advantage I see is that if GM does do this, its set-up the right way from factory, plus it has a warranty with it. From what I have read, the new 10 speed is still unlockable/can't be reprogrammed yet??  Don't quote me, but if/when it comes from factory, all of those little gremlins are taken care of by GM. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TNTSilverado said:

The advantage I see is that if GM does do this, its set-up the right way from factory, plus it has a warranty with it. From what I have read, the new 10 speed is still unlockable/can't be reprogrammed yet??  Don't quote me, but if/when it comes from factory, all of those little gremlins are taken care of by GM. 

One of the few reasons why I didn’t S/C my 14 sold it and kept my stroked, blown 92 until recently. If so inclined my Avalanche would be next inline. Or maybe a pre 06 2door. I don’t like to waste money on achieving results with the constraints of the manufacturers. 

Hope so , even if its just for the Escalade.  

They need a flag ship V or whatever they call it model to compete with the BMW X7/GLE/Range Rover  Etc. 

You know damn well it will sell. If someone will pay 100k+ for one now , another 20-25k is nothing to them. 

About time! Why not the exact set up out of the CT5 V ?  668HP please :)

Edited by f8l vnm
  • Like 2

Yes, 668HP is nice, but let's just skip the nonsense and put the LT5 into all of them and get 755HP!!  We both know that sounds so much more enticing!!!  Claiming 755HP with a Corvette ZR1 motor would most definitely get people into the dealerships and looking at them, if not signing their names on the lines. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TNTSilverado said:

Yes, 668HP is nice, but let's just skip the nonsense and put the LT5 into all of them and get 755HP!!  We both know that sounds so much more enticing!!!  Claiming 755HP with a Corvette ZR1 motor would most definitely get people into the dealerships and looking at them, if not signing their names on the lines. 

If Dodge/Fiat/Stillantis can give every damn thing in their lineup a 700+ HP motor , i agree why not get LT5 ? At worse you can rate it at 700 .. IT WILL SELL! People who buy these cars dont care about a 1-2k car payment. Probably a write off anyway. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, f8l vnm said:

Cmon Mary! Sack up! Grab your man balls and lets do this 

Don't count on Mary, when it comes to the bowties all she sees is chEVrolet. John deLorean barely slipped the GTO past Ed Cole, Mary would have de-nutted him.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, TeamSaris said:

We do a ton of (marine mostly) Whipple installs where I work. There are hardly any downsides to a supercharged engine these days. They really run flawless. 

I totally agree!  My best friend and son’s godfather has a LS3 supercharged Avalanche, a fully built LSA ZL1, a Supercharged Range Rover, and supercharged Kawasaki jet ski. Everything he owns and has owned has been/ is basically supercharged. They have ran flawless for him except the 03 Denali with the older style Whipple. It had bearing issues with it 2 times. The newer ones have been great. 

1 hour ago, Black02Silverado said:

Heck, why stop there, lets just shoot for a cool 1,000whp!

Lol. The more the better, realistically 755 HP is already been achieved and was a beast in the ZR1 Corvette. It’s proven, reliable, been through all the development stages/R&D, and is right their in GMs portfolio.  Kinda cost effective if you think of it. 

• Like 1

I like my aftermarket upgrades. I don't wanna pay registration and property taxes on a supercharger if I can help it. You know they will make it part of some half cocked expensive upgrade package, too- like you can't get it without track mode (glorified DOD and TC disable), accent lighting, black side mirrors, and "Z##" wheels or something. It might be a $15k+ package and maybe half of it you won't even want. Those kinds of things are more frustrating than exciting for me when comparing new vehicles and prices.

That said, Chevy needs a hot truck in their lineup. LT4 6.2 would do it, 650HP factory would be easy and tuneable. Could maybe use ZL1 parts as well. They would probably have to work out a tranny that would go 100k worth of launching a 2.5 ton vehicle though. Maybe some weight reduction and a 10L90, but still a tall order I think. With all the recalls I hope they are making conscious decisions to better proof their "good ideas" these days in any case.

I think they should have done a RWD LT4 supercharged Malibu, but hey I like not having a car payment on the other hand.

• Like 1

With the EV Silverado , its hard for me to see them doing a LT4 hot rod truck.  And that's disappointing because we already know they have the engine. I mean if the new ZR2 gets the same 6.2 as every other high trim, should be our indication  .