Back at it again with tip questions…

Now i received a lot of hate on here for clapping along with true duals before i got a x pipe and dynomax bullets, but i’m happy to report the x pipe has been removed for good.  Absolutely hated it from day 1.  To anyone thinking about getting a x pipe heres the difference i noticed. Right off the bat much quieter, 0 clapping, and high pitch warm start. Overall it sounded like a v6. 0/10 stars would not recommend.  However if you are looking for fully functional mufflers that don’t limit too much sound i would highly recommend dynomax mini bullets.  Furthermore at the end of this week- I am getting some new tips. Definitely 8” and definitely short ones so they can be hidden in bumper.  Not sure if i want “iceman” or pinched tips welded inside 8” slash cut, or just rolled edge. Ive heard from different people say either one will be louder but the iceman ones should definitely clap more.  Give me some feedback or hate if you will, the hate only fuels me on. 

• Haha 1

It's you're truck, make it you're truck! And just ignore negative opinions.

When you say 8 inch tips, you're referring to the overall area/diameter?  

Something like this 😲

v534ko2ixxw31.thumb.jpg.cbea99ddc1f89ad7feeb757c5209b7a9.jpg

Edited by M1ck3y

6 hours ago, M1ck3y said:

It's you're truck, make it you're truck! And just ignore negative opinions.

When you say 8 inch tips, you're referring to the overall area/diameter?  

Something like this 😲

v534ko2ixxw31.thumb.jpg.cbea99ddc1f89ad7feeb757c5209b7a9.jpg

Haha yes!  The diameter 8”. They will be tucked up under the bumper mostly so only the edge will be visible. The pinched inside look like this. 

89D33723-9437-4AFC-BCD1-976646DF565D.jpeg

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Avery Dameron said:

I dont give two flips what other people think. I stay under 2k rpm at all times on the road. But when im alone on occasion by my house with no one around, i let her eat. 

Imo, that's exactly where you shouldn't do that... Unless you live on an acreage? 

• Like 1

On my 91 Ram diesel I ran twin 2 1/4 pipes with 4 inch megaphones. It sounded like a big rig. On gas I preferred twin 2 1/4 straight duals with glass packs. I liked  the crackly fire cracker sound. Big pipes on gas with big tips sound deep. I’d give up a few horses for the crackle, pop. Pulling down a gear slowing down priceless. 

6 hours ago, KARNUT said:

On my 91 Ram diesel I ran twin 2 1/4 pipes with 4 inch megaphones. It sounded like a big rig. On gas I preferred twin 2 1/4 straight duals with glass packs. I liked  the crackly fire cracker sound. Big pipes on gas with big tips sound deep. I’d give up a few horses for the crackle, pop. Pulling down a gear slowing down priceless. 

Yea looking back should have definitely gone with thinner pipe. However it still pops alot backing off the gas. 

Open long tube headers or GTFO.  You won't ever have to worry about tips again!

Honestly?  Its your truck.  Do whatever you want to it and don't ask or care what others think.  

Also, this is why I stick to simple cat back exhausts that are quality and sound great like my Corsa Sport or a Borla, MBRP, Magnaflow, etc.  No ghetto 8 inch tips, no hacking, welding, regrets, etc.  

Edited by newdude
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, newdude said:

No ghetto 8 inch tips, no hacking, welding, regrets, etc.  

Regret when you just spent $$$ on a system you don't like and then do it all over again. Best practice is just weld a different muffler in imo