New Buyer Help

Hey all, 

I am going to be replacing a 2015 LTZ 2WD that I absolutely loved. My son totaled it when I let him borrow it. Only thing I didn't live was the lack of 4WD, so I'll fix that.

I've looked at all options out there, and I really lean to the Silverado LTZ, but I'm torn on that 22 refresh. Is it really worth waiting for? 

Biggest difference will be the interior.  The Exterior was changed very slightly ( i think only front clip) 

Engine/Trans all the same.   So you have to think is the interior important to me to pay more.  Everyone will have their own preference. 

My Sales Guy that I know very well told me that he would pass on the refresh 22 as it uses the same Nav system that the current Tahoe has and it's really slow and has issues, he told me let them work that out and go for a 23. 

19 hours ago, Joseph Barlow said:

Hey all, 

I am going to be replacing a 2015 LTZ 2WD that I absolutely loved. My son totaled it when I let him borrow it. Only thing I didn't live was the lack of 4WD, so I'll fix that.

I've looked at all options out there, and I really lean to the Silverado LTZ, but I'm torn on that 22 refresh. Is it really worth waiting for? 

If you are planning to order (and the inventory on lots is pretty thin, so you might have to) then it's gonna be a 2022.5 -- refreshed '22.

One of the plants starts producing in Feb, the second one starts in Mar -- and they are adding 1500 chev capability to Oshawa, but I don't think I've heard a date for sop of the 1500. 

If you want a new one and don't want the refreshed truck you'll likely need to hurry.

7 hours ago, eppieguy said:

My Sales Guy that I know very well told me that he would pass on the refresh 22 as it uses the same Nav system that the current Tahoe has and it's really slow and has issues, he told me let them work that out and go for a 23. 

Even if it slower it is going to be outdated in few year use android auto with Google map much better. If I was in your shoes I would wait. My biggest bet peeve with my 19 is the interior. The designers done a great job on the exterior but completely ignored the interior. Yes it is functional and easy to use but man it looks so ugly. They rectified that on the 2022.

Thanks all. I decided to wait and made a deposit today to reserve a spot on my dealers allocation list. Hopefully won't have to wait more than a few months. 

Anyone have thoughts on engine? I had previously disregarded the diesel option, but the new tow rating of 13k+ combined with a mpg significantly higher than the 6.2 has me leaning diesel. 

Edited by Joseph Barlow

8 hours ago, Moend said:

I love my 5.3. And if you get the 10speed you should be solid. I towed my 30ft ish travel trailer and never thought I was low on power or wanting more

I have the 6.2L and love it very much, but boy does it drink gas. Step dad has a 5.3L with 10 speed and I have been so impressed with it. That combo is amazing. He averages around 22 mpgs or higher. I had two K2 5.3Ls with a 6 and 8 speed. This new combo is light years better than older ones. Even the though the power ratings haven’t changed, the truck just felt way more powerful.

I have the diesel, it is a great engine so far. 

We were looking at getting a tahoe for my wife, but I would only buy one if it had the 3.0l diesel (for the fuel economy). The dealerships need to get rid of these ridiculous mark ups on the tahoe. They are selling used ones in my area for 90k.

14 hours ago, Joseph Barlow said:

I enjoyed my 5.3 as well but in town mileage is usually 15-16 mpg. Never expected better, but 23-25 out of the Duramax is very appealing. Always hard comparing mileage, fill up cost, etc, and the only knowledge of diesels is from when glow plugs were a thing, lol.

Glow plugs are still a thing...

But they are now very very fast.