Plug N Play LED Low Beam Bulbs?

Good morning all, 

Firstly please pardon my ignorance if this has been addressed, I've been researching but haven't really found answers I'm looking for. 

I recently upgraded from a 2015 1500 LT to a 2016 2500HD LTZ 6.6L. I immediately noted the factory lighting on these trucks is not very good. Living in the Texas Hill Country it gets pretty dark out here, and I'm heading to work in the dark and find myself driving home more and more in the dark. So I need to upgrade my lighting, specifically my low beams, though I'm open to a kit that upgrades Lows/Highs/Fogs.

With all that said, I'm noticing that most companies (Headlight Revolution, GTR Lighting, etc...) don't show an LED Bulb replacement option for the factory lows.

Is there a reason why?

Have we identified a LED Plug n play LED Bulb for these trucks that allows us to still use the dust covers?

What bulbs/brands do you guys recommend? I had SV4's on my 1500 and loved the brightness, but had to replace at least 3-4 bulbs due to burn out. 

Just checked, they also don't show any LED Bulbs recommended for our trucks. I'm concerned that while I can just order a set of H11 bulbs, they won't warranty these them if there are any issues if the bulbs go out since they don't show as a recommended option for this truck.

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/buyer-guide-by-vehicle/2016+Chevrolet+Silverado_2500_HD

Why would that make any difference?

A bulb is a bulb, it should not matter what you put the bulb into. To me that's like saying I can't walk into a Napa auto parts store and buy a 78 series truck battery for a Nissan 240z swap project. The Nissan obviously is going to use a much different battery but that does not matter. They warranty the battery for a defect and the vehicle it's in doesn't matter.

A simple google search by them would show that your truck takes H11's and if you bought H11's for it there isn't a problem. Email or call them if you really want to.

• 1 month later...

I first switched to a set of LED's from www.xenonpro.com, but I wasn't impressed. The light color was whiter, but not that much brighter down the road. When one of them burned out, I replaced them with HID lows from www.diodedynamics.com. I'm very happy with them. They're super bright and pair well with my LED highs and fogs. The projector housings are much better for HID's.  

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same truck.  The issue is with the projector lenses from GM - they are "dimpled".  Contact the Retrofit Source to do a Morimoto upgrade.  The Morimoto lenses are "smooth" (no dimples) so they allow more direct light through.  They also open wider on High Beam which also helps on those dark nights.  Changed mine a few years back and the upgrade is remarkable.

• 2 months later...

I just got my 16 Silverado replaced two weeks ago. Installed 40W led bulbs in the low beam and high beam. Let me tell you that it is a big upgrade in lightning performance and color wise.  I recommend the upgrade, The beam pattern from the LEDs is very tight to the front of the truck and high beams do a very good job of Illuminating the road further away. Just be careful when you choose the LED bulbs, they should be adjustable, the LED chips should be clock to 3 and 9 orientations or the lights will scartter and blind people.

FYI:

Low beam:

https://auxito.com/collections/chevrolet-silverado-1500-2500-3500-led-lighting-upgrades/products/2015-2019-chevrolet-silverado-2500-3500-hd?variant=39349772222616

High beam:

https://auxito.com/collections/chevrolet-silverado-1500-2500-3500-led-lighting-upgrades/products/2015-2019-chevrolet-silverado-2500-3500-hd?variant=31293420798045

• 3 months later...

hey,anyone seen this.  i just installed Philips leds in my 2015 low beams,they work nice,but i just noticed that the high beams dont come on when the switch is in the Auto position,they only work when you have the switch all the way over to the right or pull back on the stalk.   i still have regular bulbs in the high beams now.    they did work initially when i 1st put the leds in.   no codes in any modules either.   hmm

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I went with DDMtuning's SaberLED ProX 55W Accu/V2 for both high/low beams during their Labor Day sale due to them offering 4500K color temp instead of the 6000-6500K most people are selling.  They are fantastic and so much better than stock.  They are a little bit more expensive than some others but oh well.

https://ddmtuning.com/SaberLED-ProX-55W-Accu-V2-9005-W-Y.SaberLED-ProX-55W-AccuV2-9005-LED-Bulbs-12500LMPR-WY

https://ddmtuning.com/SaberLED-ProX-55W-Accu-V2-H11-W-Y.SaberLED-ProX-55W-AccuV2-H11-LED-Bulbs-12500LMPR-WY

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...